Carp Fishing - Abbey Lakes Adventure
Ian ‘Chilly’ Chillcott is brushing up on his, er, ‘French’, as he heads across the channel to Abbey Lakes, a carp water that’s been in the Premier League of the French carp circuit for over a decade.
Chilly’s not got any special treatment – the venue’s Fox Lake is fully booked and nobody has been pre-baiting for him. In other words he’s in the same boat, literally as it’s to turn out, as all the other anglers there.
The Fox Lake fish average mid thirties though, and with a lake record over well over 70lb you can almost taste the anticipation as the rods go out for the first time on this four-day adventure.
Chilly’s been given some detailed ‘inside information’ on how to catch at Abbey from some of his carp fishing mates in England, and he’s fully prepared.
Unfortunately it’s all completely wrong (!), and our valiant hero has to sell his carp fishing soul and borrow a bait boat, because the fish are over 160 yards out! And regular viewers who know about how well Chilly and technology get on can guess what happens next.
Learn how to deal with waters that have a high head of crayfish and how Chilly tweaks his favourite rigs when the crays are out and about. It doesn’t take long for Chilly to bag his first Abbey Lakes’ fish, but then both the temperature and the fishing takes a turn for the worse and our expert has to use all his experience to turn the trip into a successful one.
This great episode, split into three parts, is FREE TO VIEW in the current issue of Carp Channel online, on i-phone and i-pads and now on Samsung Smart TVs and connected devices like blue ray player.
Just click HERE to get going, and use the arrows to scroll through the playlist…
By the Same Author
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification
- Angler’s Mail 21 May 2013
- Bait-Tech Launch 'Street Squad'
- Salmon and Trout Association reports Sainsbury’s to Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards
- The Barbel Society, Barbel Show 2013
- Fobney Island Nature Reserve Opens
- Britain’s Biggest Pike