Bait-Tech Camo Bucket Mixed Halibut Feed Pellets
Ian Welch takes a look at one of the new additions to Bait-Tech’s Camo Bucket range of baits.
Halibut pellets are by no means new and, love them or hate them, used sensibly they are a massively important feed item for almost every species from carp and barbel to bream and tench, even to roach and catfish.
What is new is the addition of Mixed Halibut Feed Pellets to Bait-Tech’s ever-expanding range of baits supplied in Camo Buckets; a highly convenient and cost effective way to purchase bait.
The buckets themselves have a decent camo pattern and a discreet Bait-Tech logo and the seal is nicely tight, even after weeks of regular use. The rectangular shape makes them easier to stack and transport than round buckets and they are squat and sturdy – I say this as someone who rarely brings a chair fishing and who often relies on a decent bucket to keep my bum out of the mud!
As far as the pellets are concerned well, halibuts are halibuts! These are a nice, dark, oily version essentially similar to those you will find anywhere but the nice touch is that a 3.5kg mix of 2, 3 and 6mm pellets is included. Mixed sizes because it is important to use mixed sizes of pellets to create a bed of feed with items in different stages of breakdown or, in the case of river fishing, with pellets being washed downstream and coming to rest at different distances from your hookbait. This combo will achieve that perfectly and the mix is ready to PVA bag, spod, dropper, load into a bait boat hopper or feeder or to mix into groundbait to create the exact baiting situation you require.
The Mixed Halibut Pellet Camo Bucket has a RRP of £10.99 which, given the price of a ‘standard’ bag of pellets, represents excellent value for money – and you get your bucket to keep the pellets fresh and to re-use.
Other buckets in the Bait-Tech range, which I hope to be taking a closer look at over the coming months, include:
• Big Carp Sweet Coconut Method Mix
• Time Bomb Pellets
• Halibut Select
• Hi-Attract Carp
• Barbel Busters
• Big Carp Nutty Method Mix
• Big Carp Fishmeal Method Mix
• Big Carp HemAp & Halibut Method Mix
• Big Carp Spicy Method Mix
By the Same Author
- River Dredging Threat – Benyon Calms the Storm
- Merseyside County Championships 2013
- Carp Fishing – Issue 17 of the Carp Channel is now Live!
- Welsh Carp Championships
- Chalk Stream Charter Launched This Week
- Take Someone Fishing this Bank Holiday Weekend - For FREE!
- Voluntary Bailiff Service – A Project Update on the Angling Trust’s Fight Against Poaching and Fish Theft
- Anglers Urged to Speak Up for the River Thames
- Match Fishing – Fish ‘O’ Mania 2013 Heat Ten
- Salmon and Trout Association Welcomes Marine Harvest Fish Farm Certification