Traffic warning for those going to the BS Conference

dhigg001

Reaction score
Just a word of warning for those going to the BS conference at Hinckley Island next week.

Those travelling via the M6 and M69 are o.k. but those coming from North and South on the M1 there are horrendous road works at the access roundabout to the M69 from Junction 21 of the M1. So bad that when a lorry turned over last week it gridlocked the whole of Leicester!!!!!
I would recommend those who are travelling north on the M1 exit at Crick and follow the A5 to the Island hotel. Those coming from the north can either take a chance or exit at Junction 22 (Coalville) or come of at the A42(M) junction exiting the A42 at Tamworth and going south on the A5 to Hinckley Island Hotel
Hope this asaves lot's of you from getting delayed.

Although I am unable to attend due to work I will be in the bar and Saturday night, Billy no mates fat, fair and wearing glasses. Who knows someone may buy me a pint.

Paul

Rob Swindells

Reaction score
Paul......I'll be there sat night, and I'm Fat with glasses too !:)
Thanks for the Info!

C

Chris Pearson

Hi Ged,
Just wondering if you managed to take any piccies of "Johnny Come Lately" on our recent anti poaching expedition,if you have could you e-mail them to me?
Cheers,
Chris

Rob Swindells

Reaction score
Ged......I bought you a J2O at the last FEP in Worcestershire :) You sorted your transportation yet ?

Dave Smith

Reaction score
Paul the traffic on the M69/M1 junction shouldn't be too bad Sunday Morning, theres between a 20/40 minute delay during the week but Sunday am is realativly quiet.

I work for a distribution company on Meridian (just off the Junction) got home at 21:45 the night of the spud wagon disaster! I'm back in work Friday through Monday, if there's anything happening Sunday morining and I've got five I'll post here before 6:30.

Paul Hayes

Reaction score
Dave,
Thats the problem though one bump and the whole bloody city stops!!!

It took me 2 hours to get from work (Tigers ground) to Broughton Astley, it's only 8 miles!!!!!

Dave Smith

Reaction score
No anticipated problems with the M69/M1 island, at worst expect a 10 minute delay. may be a little longer on the way home.