3 foot twitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrow

Reaction score
The power of suggestion that a certain angler threatens people with violence was all you really offered, unless you arrived at that comment through first hand account (which I asked and got no reply by PM or otherwise) then its just another chinese whisper :rolleyes:
Well done to your grandson! :)

PS

I put the trout back

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

Thanks greenie62 :)

No "Chinese whispers" on my part, I know the truth of what I have posted, I begin to wonder why you are so vociferous in your defence of Mr Easom, by the way can you point out where I have said that it was he that threatened violence please?

wes79

Reaction score
No "Chinese whispers" on my part, I know the truth of what I have posted, I begin to wonder why you are so vociferous in your defence of Mr Easom, by the way can you point out where I have said that it was he that threatened violence please?

Who were you referring to in the comment you made Crow (the one about anglers being threatened with violence)?
Why did you not simply answer my question which was meant to clarify its ambiguity for anyone reading this thread, including the comments before you made that one it is very suggestive, being that we are discussing one named person ( I certainly took it to mean that but again I ask you to clarify it).
I don't know Mr Easom (I've said this more than once now) I had read his blog (which I enjoyed reading and it gave me a certain level of inspiration too) I found this thread while searching for more information about him and what I found was an active witch hunt accross a few different forums that to my knowledge is still clouded in mystery.
If I'm to defend anything it should be the truth, which has nothing to hide from scrutiny, envy and false claims made by a few bitter lemons.
Without a few questions regarding the source (or reliability of it) of the witch hunt I cannot make or have a better informed opinion as to whether there was any truth in it to begin with, I know you don't have a problem with that because you never lie (you told me so) if that defines being vociferous then I guess you are right, I am.
I've seen many people suffer character assassinations because they have a certain get up and go attitude to life, I'm aware the arena of business is one frought with many such tactics, I've suffered it myself, so I know how much damage it can cause also so its worth checking the facts, would you agree?
:)

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
Who were you referring to in the comment you made Crow (the one about anglers being threatened with violence)?
Why did you not simply answer my question which was meant to clarify its ambiguity for anyone reading this thread, including the comments before you made that one it is very suggestive, being that we are discussing one named person ( I certainly took it to mean that but again I ask you to clarify it).
I don't know Mr Easom (I've said this more than once now) I had read his blog (which I enjoyed reading and it gave me a certain level of inspiration too) I found this thread while searching for more information about him and what I found was an active witch hunt accross a few different forums that to my knowledge is still clouded in mystery.
If I'm to defend anything it should be the truth, which has nothing to hide from scrutiny, envy and false claims made by a few bitter lemons.
Without a few questions regarding the source (or reliability of it) of the witch hunt I can make a better informed opinion as to whether there was any truth in it to begin with, I know you don't have a problem with that because you never lie (you told me so) if that defines being vociferous then I guess you are right, I am.
I've seen many people suffer character assassinations because they have a certain get up and go attitude to life, I'm aware the arena of business is one frought with many such tactics, I've suffered it myself, so I know how much damage it can cause also so its worth checking the facts, would you agree?
:)

Ah explains a lot. I will PM you.

wes79

Reaction score
Hi Crow, sent you back a reply (I cannot for some reason view any sent messages so please let me know you recieved it, thanks).

chav professor

Reaction score
I can think of one talented angler in the 'twitch' team who I consider to be of the highest integrity and catches a lot on their stuff......

cg74

Reaction score
I can think of one talented angler in the 'twitch' team who I consider to be of the highest integrity and catches a lot on their stuff......

I'm not doubting your "talented angler" in any way but halibut pellets will catch endless numbers of barbel of all sizes - right place, right time and all that....

thecrow

Reaction score
Did he keep good records and why did they part company?

No idea about records or why they parted company as I only know of him, saw photographs that he posted on another forum of the fish he caught on what was said to be 3 foot, like I said I think there are other reasons for the captures apart from the bait, there usually are IMO.

flightliner

Reaction score
Crow, maybe a four foot twich from a lump of luncheon meat was a better option, or simply seeing a float dissapear with three or maggots perhaps???:)

wes79

Reaction score
Thanks for the exchange via PM Crow, I'm still not convinced at all, I now have further reservations about what you have told me, purely because you are relying on heresay, which I respectfully pointed out, just because you have a mate who YOU trust says something it is not conclusive enough to be regarded as evidence in my book (that would call for his witness testimony which it seems a little quite on that front considering all the threats and ripping he alleged to experience) and now that you have chose to put me on your ignore list avoidind my questions and further PM's by your own choice :eek:mg:, when you could of used the opportunity to put it straight then I am left pondering why you would even bother wanting to PM in the first place.

I'm still at a loss trying to understand why someone's conviction of such arguments (and negative opinion of Easom) is still deficient of basic facts and hides from finding out.
So far the hatemongers only objective is to slander while trying to avoid "legal" repercussions from making such claims (about Easom) in the first place.
If what they are saying is true and they have questioned it themselves (being its admittedly not even a first hand account) and believe it to be true then what are they really scared of? It looks like an expression of doubt to me, what do you think Crow?

If you allow people to go about their business threatening others with violence and you knowingly turn a blind eye, your allowing it to continue, which some people see it even as far as a form of tacit encouragement depending on the situation or your own values, at the very least you can't say he's actively condemning such behaviour, which also leaves little in the way of preventing it happening again to someone else, strange huh?

If I had evidence of someone threatening me why should I back down when I have both the truth of what happened and the law on my side?

How many people do you know who have their own bait companies?

Also if you have ever made cakes at home with your grandson before, at least more than once, did you notice if they turned out the same size, colour, taste and smell as the time before? (Only asking because a book and a home oven is where it all started for Easom which you should already know).

Last edited:

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Wes you doth protestate a little too much, perhaps not such an innocent opening question ?

thecrow

Reaction score
Who was it that said all publicity is good publicity? Strange that questions about this company have popped up on other forums after nothing being on them for ages. Ulterior motives?

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Crow, maybe a four foot twich from a lump of luncheon meat was a better option, or simply seeing a float dissapear with three or maggots perhaps???:)

Always fish my meat upstream, drop backs are very easy to see :)

flightliner

Reaction score
[/COLOR]w

Always fish my meat upstream, drop backs are very easy to see :)[/QUOTE]

Me too, and the winding down bit just before you make full contact.:)

cg74

Reaction score
No idea about records or why they parted company as I only know of him, saw photographs that he posted on another forum of the fish he caught on what was said to be 3 foot, like I said I think there are other reasons for the captures apart from the bait, there usually are IMO.

We all know that the angler using a bait, any bait is the true key to sustained success but here's a possible scenario:

Paste wrap a halibut pellet with crushed halibut pellets but add some chilli powder and in my opinion it'll lead to a catch rate improvement.

So if Ricky Easom had done such a small thing, then he would've contributed to the anglers success directly by the usage of his bespoke product.

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
We all know that the angler using a bait, any bait is the true key to sustained success but here's a possible scenario:

Paste wrap a halibut pellet with crushed halibut pellets but add some chilli powder and in my opinion it'll lead to a catch rate improvement.

So if Ricky Easom had done such a small thing, then he would've contributed to the anglers success directly by the usage of his bespoke product.

As will garlic powder another good additive from the supermarket although I get mine from a horse feed place, less than £10 for a kilo. Much less than any bait company.

wes79

Reaction score
Wes you doth protestate a little too much, perhaps not such an innocent opening question ?

Maybe its a case of my mate says the sky is green and I trust him ;) because that is about all the substance I can honestly fathom from these underhanded accusations, hardly seems reasonable to join a witch hunt when it its based on heresay, each to their own I guess.
If he drowns he was innocent, if he floats we throw him in the river?....:confused:

tight lines guys :)

Last edited:

Richard Easom

Reaction score
Hello,

I make checks occasionally on Google as I like to get a consensus on what people are saying on social media or indeed on forums regarding me personally or my company.

I wouldn't normally reply to anything posted on forums as words do tend to get twisted or misconstrued. However I felt that as serious accusations were made (at least suggested) I had to respond.

I vehemently deny any act of violence on my part, I am 5ft 3" and not in any position to be dishing out these so called threats let alone carrying them out.

Secondly I've had no dealings with police, solicitors and made no threats regarding libel action, to anyone!

I am an angler just enjoying my fishing and not out for anything more than to enjoy it.

I have a bait company which is no big deal, we are growing year on year and have plans for the future in order to progress in the industry.

I don't shove my product down people's throats, there's no such thing as a magic bait we all know that. But what I will say to people is if quality in your bait is what gives you confidence then look no further.

Our baits have improved massively over the 3 years or so we've been going and the catches reflect this.

My own blog has very little mention of 3 F T as I have no reason to plug the life out of it. I am lucky enough to have testers who may not be household names use the baits nationwide, on all manner of waters. I must also point out that they continue to stay loyal to us as their rewards have been well documented within magazine catch reports and social media on the baits.

A successful bait is judged over a course of a season, not one or two particular instances or scenarios. Over the course of many seasons (not just one) my testing team have proved that the baits catch barbel consistently.

My boilies are priced at £7.50 a kg as someone did say £11.50 which is not, or has ever been true.

It seems as though when there is nothing negative more to say about a person, people will create rumours based on conjecture and hearsay.

I am only speaking out here based on the above and in defence of the claims made in this thread.

Be under no illusions, I do not consider myself any better than any of you, I enjoy helping others if I can and my blog gives me that platform. However I think it would be a very brave man to say they know all there is to know about a species, you never stop learning and I am no different.

Some of what I've learnt, will through my blog or social media be passed on to help someone else new to barbel fishing (why wouldn't we want them to learn?).

I have kept my head down and not got involved in what I now consider petty arguments or skirmishes (accept my part in this too). I learnt my lesson that arguments are never won on places such as these and rather stay away.

So this will be my first and only post to hopefully quash these allegations made against me personally and put a few things straight about my company.

Richard

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Richard's post responds to comments and criticism and has brought back to the top a thread that started almost two years ago and has been inactive since October last year.

This aged thread had been moderated several times and we don't intend to repeat that. Therefore I've locked the thread from further comment but it can still be viewed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.