barbel on royalty

bugco22

Reaction score
Firstly I do apologise if this thread has been done over and over. But barbel on royalty fishery. I caught one myself about 3 seasons ago in very heavy flow conditions and have not caught one since. I live an hours drive from the fishery so it's not a regular visit, but I'm planning a trip next Monday and is possibly the last for this year due to work and I really want to catch a barbel. I have however sussed a good chub point at certain parts of the day but barbel still allude me :-/ any pointers ?? bait, tactics would be appreciated. chers

rubio

Reaction score
I've caught only one barbel in 2 visits there so I'm no expert and can't really give advice. I opted for rolling meat. It seemed the right thing to do on the Avon. It's a much longer trip for me so I was keen to enjoy it regardless of catching. Happy that I did tho and wish you all the best.

bugco22

Reaction score
thanx and to you on your next visit. I love the royalty and can't get enough of it, I've only blanked once in all my trips, bearing in mind I go all day, but I just love the peace and quiet from a busy life. I just want to catch another barbel. I've sussed bream, chub and eels lol. guess ill find them eventually

Rich P

Reaction score
bugco - just about any tactics that will catch barbell on any river, will also work on the Royalty. We're not talking about a fish blessed with large intellectual capacity.

Boilie/pellet on a running rig (I use a braided hooklink because I like the suppleness).

Good luck.

sajjad123

Reaction score
Both rivers will have benefited from the recent rain and next week should be spot on. Royalty is the better bet for barbel but location is key. As Chav says speak to the guys in Davis Tackle or Ringwood Tackle for the latest info - both usually good honest opinions and advice