Guru qm1 hooks

macko

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone has used these hooks for barbel.

Macko

Reaction score
I've been using Korum xpert power because they have an in turned point which is a good idea on gravel but have found a few bits of rust on them after use.
Just bought some Drennan specimen plus for the new river season to use along side the Korums. The local tackle shop just got a Guru range in so I will go and have a look at the qm 1's.
I think any decent hook will catch a Barbel but it is more about hair rigs or not and keeping a point on the bottom you are fishing.

macko

Reaction score
I've always used Trefor west hooks and can't fault them. Never lost a fish when using them.
Just maybe fancied a change. I use partridge gr1z's for carp and chub, another superb hook.
But as I said,maybe fancy a change.

Macko

lee_j

Reaction score
I've always used Trefor west hooks and can't fault them. Never lost a fish when using them.
Just maybe fancied a change. I use partridge gr1z's for carp and chub, another superb hook.

Macko

If it's not broke don't fix it ;)

ken more

Reaction score

Macko

Just try them Macko, and let us know how you got on :)

greenie62

Reaction score
I've used these (barbless) on & off for the last year and like them - But - the 'turned-in point' - whilst providing a really good hook-hold - can make it difficult to remove hooks - since you need to 'overturn' the eye-end to be able to slide the point out.
Not a real problem - just takes a bit of getting used-to! When you go back to using normal round-bend or crystal hooks they are often freed with just a dab of the finger!

The other difference with QM1s is that I've noticed is that I rarely get any fish hooked deeply in the mouth/throat - usually lip-hooked - or round the jawbone. I think this may be due to the 'circle-hook' effect of the turned-in point - particularly when using a hair-rig.

Good Luck - let us know how you get on with them :thumbs:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Personally I always thought the Double T hooks a bit of a brute and a vicious barb. Good for lumps of meat though.

Although expensive I can highly recommend the Raptor D7 hook. Been using for many years and totally satisfied.

Graham

macko

Reaction score
Know what you mean about the barbs Graham, I always squeeze the barb down
so it's more like a bump.

ATB Macko

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Know what you mean about the barbs Graham, I always squeeze the barb down
so it's more like a bump.

ATB Macko