Bait,s

flossy

Reaction score
What has been your bait that has given you most confidence over the last few season,s ,when i say that ,a bait that has worked through the months for you,my two favourites for barbel have been krill,and trigger ice .

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

What has been your bait that has given you most confidence over the last few season,s ,when i say that ,a bait that has worked through the months for you,my two favourites for barbel have been krill,and trigger ice .
Just too add to that ,i sometimes use as many as 6 halfs of boilie fished back too back on the hair ,my reason for this is it looks very similar too the body segments of a crayfish ,chubb can go mad for it fished that way swell.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Hair rigged
Trouble is that on thr Rother the chub get there first

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Meat is one of my go to baits for any fish

flossy

Reaction score
Trouble i have with meat ,is blimey crayfish ,they even try too catch it when it,s rolling,during summer months they are on it within seconds.,its a shame really cos do like as a hook bait.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Bread, hemp, mussels (supermarket) and wheat.

Try banding mussels to stop chublets nicking them, but you might want to then feed the odd few, or bits thereof, to replece the strike-offs as freebies.

Thanks for the half-boilie-string trick! Segmentation may be a big visual attractor, Dame Juliana suggested a segmented cheese bait for barbel, a bit before my time, though.