hard days fishing

caelan

Reaction score
tanglers
went up to fish the trent sunday 200mile round trip 8 anglers in total 1 bream
to show for all the hard work not a single twitch from a barbel now I am reading the trent is not as good as it use to be see plenty of cormorants on there?

john step

Reaction score
Its not the cormorants affecting the barbel, its more the low flow/lack of rain.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Caelan.................was late August the best time to go with most rivers out of sorts due to lack of rain and high temperatures ??

Just a thought and maybe you had no option............

Hell of a trip for one bream, of all things !

B

binka

Its not the cormorants affecting the barbel, its more the low flow/lack of rain.

Totally agree.

Hard to believe that the first day of the new season saw the non-tidal river seven feet up in places, it also had a knock on effect and delayed the spawning until very recently in some parts.

It's been a weird one so far with the barbel, several of the regular "baggers" have reported that they are struggling to find fish.

I had a very rude opening fortnight and felt barbelled out which was a gooid thing as I've concentrated on the perch instead and hit the barbel in between when conditions came good, something you can't do very easily with a pre-arranged trip.

Given temperature and rainfall patterns over recent years I reckon it will be knocking on November before they really get their heads down at this rate.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Totally agree.

Hard to believe that the first day of the new season saw the non-tidal river seven feet up in places, it also had a knock on effect and delayed the spawning until very recently in some parts..

Funny you should say that Steve, only last week there was a small shoal of pin heads around my feet, they must have only been free swimming for a few hours !