River Trent Cottam stretch

strat100z

Reaction score
Hi
Does anybody know were the Cottam stretch starts and ends,also believe they have a carp lake there in the vicinity also, infact any info on that stretch would be extremely helpful.:thumbs:

chrissh

Reaction score
Not shore were it starts on the Trent. The carp lake is next to cottam power station nr rampton village the power station used to have a fishing club which I think had the fishing rights

Just searched google there a lot of info about Trent and cottam fishing club Telephone: Steve Biddle 07581541847

Or Give the tackle shop in Gainsborough a call 01427 613002

strat100z

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply,Steve must be busy as i have tried to contact him, thats why i tried to find out on here,yes there is bits of info about but not where exactly the stretch is has scunthorpe have a section at rampton island and wanted to no if its downstream or upstream from there.

Phil Heaton

Reaction score
The Scunthorpe stretch is on the opposite bank to Cottam, downstream of the entrance to the Foss Dyke.

john step

Reaction score
The Scunthorpe stretch is on the opposite bank to Cottam, downstream of the entrance to the Foss Dyke.

Not wishing to be argumentative as I could be wrong but...On the Fossdyke side you have Worksop downstream and the pub stretch upstream?

strat100z

Reaction score
Thank you gents :),as far as i am aware scunthorpe have dropped there stretch near the bridge but have kept rampton island.

Phil Heaton

Reaction score
Not wishing to be argumentative as I could be wrong but...On the Fossdyke side you have Worksop downstream and the pub stretch upstream?

You are correct....my apologies, it just goes to show how its easy to believe miss-information for years.