What temperature will barbel feed at?

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Dave,
Why glue them on the hair rather than use a larger band and put both pellets in it - or is the secret in the way you glue them?

Thanks lads,
At long last the question is answered - mainly presentation!
Having seen the mess I get into when trying to do finickity work with Superglue :eek: I think I might just modify my hairs/bands if I ever find the fish get that picky! ;):rolleyes::eek:mg:

nicepix

Reaction score
Thanks lads,
At long last the question is answered - mainly presentation!
Having seen the mess I get into when trying to do finickity work with Superglue :eek: I think I might just modify my hairs/bands if I ever find the fish get that picky! ;):rolleyes::eek:mg:

Mike, have you seen those new types of Superglue dispensers?

M081366P01WL.jpg

It keeps your fingers well away from the business end.

greenie62

Reaction score
Mike, have you seen those new types of Superglue dispensers?
It keeps your fingers well away from the business end.

Thanks Clive,
Until I put my glasses on I thought it was a piccy of the latest H&S Personal Protective Equipment suit to be warn whilst using Superglue - and I thought you were really taking the p--s!
On reflection though it looks just the job - it might take-up a bit too much room in the tackle box - but do they do a version with folding handles? (or is that from another thread?) ;):confused::D

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ranged along the hallway outside the room I'm in, aside from a number of rods and mostly centrepins (Coarse Dept., there are fly rods too), five bags - three Wychwoods, one Fox and one no-name cheapie picked up for pence, all stiff with superglue. Several pairs of "fishing trousers" and shorts and T-shirts (including the one I'm wearing at the moment) all spotted with glue-spots and rapidly falling into holes from the multi-pack Poundland superglue that only a very few years ago caught me more barbel and carp than is best talked about. Not the packaging or the gluey blowback, but the quiet, no "Gizza name for 'her' ", privately satisfying and to-my-last-breath result(s).

Forget the latest brand or its packaging, just do as well as you can with whatever is available when you're starting out, in the safe knowledge that others will follow.

Last edited:

nicepix

Reaction score
Thanks Clive,
Until I put my glasses on I thought it was a piccy of the latest H&S Personal Protective Equipment suit to be warn whilst using Superglue - and I thought you were really taking the p--s!
On reflection though it looks just the job - it might take-up a bit too much room in the tackle box - but do they do a version with folding handles? (or is that from another thread?) ;):confused::D

Mike, that picture isn't life size. :D

It will fit in your tackle box, no problem. :)

trugun

Reaction score
Time has been the recipe for success in the past the lower the temperature the later at night Barbel will feed, also the window of opportunity is very small 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour at best. How cold? lets just say its no fun when you have a double on the hook and you can't free the net as its frozen to the ground! My old (very old) mate Len Arbery put me on to this and while the madness has diminished for me I believe Len is still fishing the late nights with success

ken more

Reaction score
If some are unsure whether to use super-glued or banded pellets, could you not super-glue pellets together whether 6mm, 8mm,12mm etc, and then band them to the hair. Make them up in advance using the cheaper 5 tubes for a pound super-glue from the 99p shop and you have ready made Barbell shaped bait for your Barbel fishing. Job done and everybody's happy?