Liquidised bread

Lonewolff

Reaction score
Simple question, how do you do yhat? What, if anything, should I be adding?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Break the bread up into 2" sized pieces or thereabouts, and put them in a liquidiser or blender.

Get a plastic bag and put any flavour you want into it about 10 mil or a small tea spoonfull.
Scrunch the bag up to spread the flavour around the sides, put the liquidised bread in the bag and put it in the freezer overnight,
Flavouring is not essential but it doe sno harm. I use a 10 mil of cheese flavouring this time of year.

Beecy

Reaction score
This is how I make my "liccy"

First I buy the cheapest sliced loaf going(smart price or similar), not only because I'm tight but I think it liquidises better.

Cut off all the crusts and leave the bread to stand for 1/2 hour or so to take the freshness off. Then just whack it in the blender 1/4 slice at a time until you get fine bread crumbs.Put in plastic bags, squeeze most (not all) of the air out and store in the freezer.You can add flavour at the bagging stage but I don't bother.

I tend to bag in batches of say 10 slices and do two or three loafs in one go.

wether or not I add anything to it to feed depends on the depth/flow.

In shallow still water up to say 4-5 feet I will not add anything, just empty a bag into a bait box and moisten slightly by just dipping your hand in the lake and and swish it round in the crumb. To feed i form golf ball size balls, not too firm, just enough to get it near the bottom before it breaks up.

In deeper water or flow I will mix the bread with a bit of groundbait, usualy supercup or similar. Make sure you mix the groundbait on its own first though before adding to the bread.

I

Ian Cloke

A quick tip for you, once you've made your liquidised bread. Add some powdered milk, or milkshake, to it then when you feed the bred you will get a cloud effect around it. Which makes the fish more confident when feeding ;-)