Beginner's luck?

fishplate42

Reaction score
I went fishing for the fist time this week and caught some fish. That made my day, then I discovered that this week Angling Times had recommended the venue I fished at!

See HERE!

This is great, I am slowly discovering different things and have a whole list of things to experiment with next time. I plan to continue messing with a waggler floats and shotting the line for the time being. I bought a couple of decent crystal inset tip floats from my local fishing tackle shop and some silicone adapters so I can change the float. Although the temptation is to try all the different bits of tackle, I am trying to get confident with one at a time...

Ralph.

iain t

Reaction score
I've fished for about 46 years and one thing i will say is you never stop learning new ways how to present your bait.

rubio

Reaction score
Well done buddy. Sounds like you made a pretty good start. There is so much still to learn. Different baits and techniques. Gizmos and gadgets that are somehow 'essential'. The tricky bit is deciding what really is important and what is complication for the sake of it.
Good fun finding out tho.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I too went fishing this week, the first time in 35 years, same place as you, Bax Farm, I fished the stream catching bream, carp, tench and my best ever perch at about two pounds, cracking day out.

fishplate42

Reaction score
I too went fishing this week, the first time in 35 years, same place as you, Bax Farm, I fished the stream catching bream, carp, tench and my best ever perch at about two pounds, cracking day out.

I think we should stay quiet about this place... It's too good to shout about;)

How did you find Bax Farm?

Ralph.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think we should stay quiet about this place... It's too good to shout about;)

How did you find Bax Farm?

Ralph.

it was perfect for my needs, being a weekday very quiet, a few fishing the lakes but I had the stream to myself, parking next to it is a bonus with facilities near by.