Angling Coaching Days

Reaction score
My son recently had a day with a certified angling coach - a chap called Andy Ormrod.

This came about because my son decided to do angling as his skill section for his D of E award. Josh was fishing with me each week, buit when it came to the paperwork and assessors report the assessor couldnt be a relative and must be 'qualified' in the subject - so we booked him a one to one session with Andy.

Andy spent a full 8 hours with him - he spent time on mag and wag up in the water and on the deck, pellet waggler, open end feeder and method feeder.

Each method Josh caught the target species and had over 25 carp.

I was impressed with the way Andy coached josh and booked a dads and lads piking session with him - result, Josh caught his first pike.

Andy is based in the NW of England, but people come to him from as far as the NE, London and the furthest being Australia!

Andy regularly works with schools and charities, helping kids from different backgrounds enjoy fishing.

If you are a beginner, an improver or would like to brush up on existing skills or learn something new then take a look at what he has to offer.

Visit Fishing Lessons Manchester | Fishing Lessons Lancashire | Bolton | Cheshire | North West | UK

Hope this is OK mods - just recommending and excellent 'product' afte first hand experience.

Matt

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem at all Matt, in fact it is good to see constructive and positive feedback on a fishing coach as they do seem to take a lot of flak on occasion . . . . . .

Reaction score
He gave up his day job a few years ago and now works as a coach full time.

Pretty booked up at the moment working six days a week. If he doesnt have a booking he....goes fishing!