Well, I am getting there...

fishplate42

Reaction score
Ten moths in and I getting there, Thursday was the best day ever, I caught so many fish I lost count. I have been making my own method mixes and trying new hook-baits. Whatever it was that I was doing right I had a huge 'bag' of fish. The long-winded version of the day's events and the bait recipes can be found HERE, but my favourite part of the day was showing a young lad, and his mum, how to catch their first fish! The smile on both the lad and his mum's face was priceless.

Ralph ;)

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
You've come a long way from where you started out Ralph! Well done!

How's your bro getting on - has he had a similar 'growth path'?

Tight Lines!

fishplate42

Reaction score
You've come a long way from where you started out Ralph! Well done!

How's your bro getting on - has he had a similar 'growth path'?

Tight Lines!

Thanks! I have had a great time so far...

Poor ol' Tim. Since we started this he has hardly had any time to himself. Work or family commitments have kept him away from the bank. I think he has made about four trips so far. Thanks for asking. I am sure I will be able to get him up to speed, when I can get him out for a day...

...For the first few months I would only go when he could come along but that was holding me back. Eventually I decided to go on my own and now I get out a lot more than I did. The time on the bank is now starting to pay off.

Ralph :)

fishplate42

Reaction score
Here we are in August and I have just completed my second match (Wednesday, last week) and I cam 7th - an improvement on that time. The strange thing was the gut in the peg next to me, who is an experienced matchman, caught so few fish he did not bother to weigh in. I was amazed and pleased to get so high in the placings. There was only a few pounds between me and 5th place. The full long-winded version of what happened can be found HERE.

I am looking forward to the next one now, at the beginning of September.

Ralph.

greenie62

Reaction score
... the gut in the peg next to me, who is an experienced matchman, caught so few fish he did not bother to weigh in...

Yeah - I know it was a typo - but don't be surprised if on your next encounter you find a brick being lobbed into your swim! :eek::D:eek:mg: - He may be sensitive about his middle-aged spread!

Tight Lines :thumbs:

fishplate42

Reaction score
Yeah - I know it was a typo - but don't be surprised if on your next encounter you find a brick being lobbed into your swim! :eek::D:eek:mg: - He may be sensitive about his middle-aged spread!

Tight Lines :thumbs:

Oops! :eek:mg: Sorry, fat fingers not fishing buddy!

He is bigger than me so It may be me getting thrown into the swim next time :eek:

Ralph :(