Another Good Stretch of the Trent Ruined

CAT

Reaction score
This week i have been to the River Trent for my last session having located some good Carp on the Clifton stretch before the bridge nr the sunken Island, i intended to fish Friday through to Saturday.
However the farmer who has had enough of night fisherman who cannot take care of thier rubbish and not leave litter and tins, even raw meat half packs of bacon etc on his field has complained to lincoln AA, they in turn have suggested to ban All Night fishing to solve the problem, so because of a few **** heads, proper fishermen cannot now night fish on this stretch of the Trent anymore.
For the record i ended up on Pit 3 A1 pits.
Seriously though it will not belong before there are no good stretches left to night fish, what is the Answer better bailiffs, night fishing by prior appointment?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I think the answer is better bailiffing, more of them and let's arm them too.

You don't dare mess about with a USA game or fisheries ranger.

I would willingly pay ?100 a year for my fishing licence if I knew that the money was going to top class rangers with some clout.

J

john ledger

Barbel Bashers again they are a law to themselves and will end up closing more waters thats for sure.A ban on night fishing is on the way make no mistake

L

Les Clark

" I think the answer is better bailiffing ,more of them and let`s arm them too "
Good idea Ron ,why don`t we use the S.A.S ?
What a load of tosh you sprout sometimes Ron ,we are not liveing in S.A. or the USA where they are all bloody gun mad ,sometimes Ron you talk as if your loseing the plot mate.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Two points.

Not all barbel fishers behave like this John. It's just a few and we can do without them.

Les,

Armed police are the norm in virtually every other country of the world. Personally I felt more safe fishing alone or with my wife and kid on a stretch of river in SA, than I do these days on certain stretches of the Trent.

I don't want to bore you with details but in the last few days, a number of people in the Rotherham area have been murdered.

Come on, how are we the ordinary citizens of this country supposed to defend ourselves?

J

john ledger

Ron
We know all barbel anglers are not the same and i believe the internet has a lot to answer for. I will never ever disclose a place i am fishing on the net or by article.
Some anglers will not do the spade work buy an ordnance survey map,all they want is someone to show them the swim and what to use and it really pisses me off.The Barbel Society has its own share of idiots otherwise they would not belong.No doubt if they could call it The Royal Barbel Society it would attract a few more

B

Big Swordsy :O)

I fish one of the most dangerous swims on the Trent and armed police/wardens would be a bonus.

I hate fishing paranoid

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
More baliffs are needed. Why cant the clubs up the ticket prices and employ people to do the job.

It's Lincoln AA water its there responsability to sort the matter out. Not to ban night fishing so the idiots move to another stretch. They should ban the people responsable and pass there names to other clubs. like the pub watch schemes run to keep trouble makers out.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Should these bailiffs be allowed to use discretion or just hoof them off out of it? (o

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Baliffs should always use discrection. Like the Police of old. RMC have a good rule if there is litter in your swim it belongs to you even if you did not bring it. But they have a full time baliffs patroling there waters.

J

john ledger

Any baliff would have to be built like Mike Tyson to keep the scum off the banks we have today.Talking about bailiffs i have never seen one on Bradford No1 Leeds ASA and Derby Rail waters

Lonewolff

Reaction score
It's not all about baliffs. If we had more police on the streets we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Armed police/baliffs are not the answer, we're already on our way to a "police state" as it is. I'm 41, when I was a kid a copper could clip you 'round the ear and tell you to behave. If they did that now they'd be sued or even done for assualt! The other thing is, if you clear up any rubbish you find it's gonna make the place look better and maybe the farmer wouldn't be so arsey!

Lonewolff

Reaction score
Oh, another volunteer. Maybe thats part of the problem. How many baliffs are paid?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Pikey Paul, did the "Bailiff" even look at your peg? Or your tackle?
At the Autumn fish-in he just held his hand out....!

Clubs need properly paid bailiffs, who care, like Baz.....

Rules must be hard and fast, if you've got litter in your peg you're gone! "Give me your card and leave, here's the address to write to, it must be accompanied with a cheque for ?20 and a SAE to get your card back!"

That's it! No excuses!

Descent members won't complain, because they don't leave litter...!