gravel pit in northamptonshire.

Liam Mccarlie

Reaction score
I have found a gravel pit at the Northampton FC stadium, sixfields I am wondering if any one could help me with any info on the water??
Does anyone no what is in the water and if it is fishable on a day ticket or not.
There is two gravel pits one small and the other large, I am interested in the larger one next to the river Nene, and closest to the car park.

liam

Malc Bason

Reaction score
i think that one's run by the Northampton Nene Angling Club Liam. Not certain if they have a web site mate, but a search on google should help.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Pop into "carpin capers" opposite barrack road post/sorting office or "sportsmans lodge" in kingsthorpe hollow,both in northampton.They should be able to put you right .

Pete

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's fishable, even if it is a NNAC day ticket water I doubt you'll get ticketed as I've fished their waters for years and have yet to see a bailiff.

There's a good head of carp in there from speaking to the guys in Carpin Capers think you'll need to prebait though (ask them about Night Vision Goggle Spodding!)

The only thing about that place is the area, not the best in Northampton and often full of Chavs (not fishing, just burning out cars) so watch your kit.

joss faulkner

Reaction score
Liam......hows your old man doug.....?

which pit are you talking about..?

The old pit, the one full of bars and islands, Stauntons Gravel pit was dug to supply the A45 building project...i fished there for yrs with your old man as kids...full of tench and some decent sized pike. Very few carp, but some were stock approx 20yrs ago...in fact there were 160 stocked, illegally....i know of a few lads who have had them up to 36lb.

The new pit, dig out as a flood relief in, i think 1997/98...this was taken over by Castle angling club if i remember correctly and was stocked with a silly amount of small carp up to mid doubles.

The remained un fished for for a fair few yrs, then as a few started to fish it, the word soon spread around. Some good fish in there now, not too sure who actually runs it...there seems to be a few pple who think they run, but dont...just go and fish it liam, you pay on the bank anyway fella.........

Night fishing is not permitted on there, but they all do....the canal/river side of the pit, your not allowed to fish on....but they all do....so you could say its a well run water...NOT.

It dont interest me....to inside town, to many twats, too many Chavs burning cars etc....