CAKEY'S Smartcast Mod

G

Giffo

Top marks to CAKEY. I took a junior hack saw to my Smartcast sender unit and followed the instructions on the modification article and blow me down....it has probably trebled the range. If you have one then get your tools out and DIY.
I've got the small rod mounted version and it now works as far as I can cast!
Only trouble I had was when stretching the spring ariel it broke away from the circuit board...bugger ! but a bit of a play with a soldering iron and all fixed. Be careful if you do it but it's well worth it.
find it here:
Cakey's Smartcast Mod

Cheers CAKEY.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Did you doubt the Cakester Giffo?

no, really did you?????

:eek:)

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
"Top marks to CAKEY. I took a junior hack saw to my Smartcast sender unit and followed the instructions on the modification article and blow me down....it has probably trebled the range. If you have one then get your tools out and DIY."

Newsflash!

Kent Constabulary are today, investigating the source of a mystery transmission, responsible for bringing down their force helicopter, three trans-atlantic aircraft and disrupting all mini-cab services across the county. A police spokes-person alluded to the belief that a local man may be responsible.

G

Giffo

It'd be a bit difficult as Kent Police don't have a helicopter, they use Sussex' one so the range HAS increased !!! wooaah

C

Cakey

I fitted better aerials to my Belkin system that advertised 90m indoors and didnt go 10 !

njb51

Reaction score
where would one get said better aerials?

I have one of those crappy cheap assed NETGEAR jobbies!

njb51

Reaction score
Got something similar attached now, still not great though.

Could be aol. Or the fact the the router is in the kitchen!

bloody housemates...........

Tinca Tinca

Reaction score
Cakey is currently helping me with a few queries on Smartcast mods and a big thank you! If you want a job lot to do I am sure once mine is done 50 Tenchfishers members will wants theirs done!!!!