FishingMagic Forums

Go Back   FishingMagic Forums > FRESHWATER FISHING FORUMS > Carp Fishing
Register Forums Blogs Classifieds FAQ Calendar Arcade Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-12-2006, 19:57

Matt Brown is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm aware of the TXi Plus' remote cababilities but whats the difference with the sensitivity settings?

The spec on various websites describe the difference as single sensitivity range(EV Plus) and double synamic sensitivity range (TXi Plus). What does this mean in reality?

I want some for perch and zander fishin with super slack lines and my Fox MMX's aren't up to the job. Mainlines will be between 4lb and 10lb.
Old 28-12-2006, 15:38

Matt Rand is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matt,

I've got a set of the TXI's and a mate of mine has the EV's. Difference from what i can see is that the EV's have 6 levels of sensitivity and the TXI's have 12 levels.

I'm not overly sure about the major differences, but the TXI's certainly seem to be more sensitive and due to the extra levels of sensitivity can be set to be very weather proof with regards to false beeps, but at the same time sensitive enough to register a bite straight away.

If your going to be slack lining for predators, then you would be better off with the TXI's IMHO.

Cheers,

Another Matt
Old 28-12-2006, 16:36

Cheers Matt. I thought that might be the case. It's going to expensive!
Old 28-12-2006, 18:11

But well worth it Matt. If you are an all rounder you'll certainly appreciate them, especially for predator fishing!
Old 28-12-2006, 20:28
paul williams 2

Matt B.

Please please don't think i'm having a "go"....but what is a super slack line? and does it have a place in either perch or Z fishing?

Old 28-12-2006, 21:33

Paul, fair question and a good idea to raise it.

There are two situations I mean (and didn't describe very well);

Firstly, when perching with lobworms and running rigs I like to use very light indicators. I've found that with a roller wheel based alarm, they can take line but there's often not enough pressure on the roller wheel to make it turn.

I get round this as best I can by sitting the rod in such a manner that the butt ring is immediately behind the back of the alarm. The wraps the line around more of the roller wheel creating more friction.

Heavier bobbins solve the problem but I get dropped runs.

The second situation is when I'm using a livebait and a drop off indicator. After a take, the lines comes free of the clip and peels freely off the open bail arm. Again, there's little pressure on the roller wheel so unless the fish is really going for it the alarm doesn't sound.

If the line comes out of the drop off indicator I strike immediately but I'm never sure if there's a fish having a go or if the wind has just pulled the line from the clip.

I want alarms that will give me the earliest and most detailed indication possible.
Old 29-12-2006, 10:33
paul williams 2

Matt......i know where you are coming from but i'm not sure i agree that any form of slack line has a place in Zander or perch fishing......if you are using drop offs perhaps an alarmed drop off would be better?

My own line of thought though is that both species are ok with a slight resistance but not with a changing resistance.

We should have a chat some time about it Matt.......don't want to upset the ratfishers!
Old 29-12-2006, 10:50

If youre planning on using mono Matt, then Id agree with Paul, you should get some rear alarmed drop-offs. Even with the delks, many people have commented on the problem with line skip. This isn't due to a problem with the alarm; it is just the nature of mono.

I personally use braid, so line skip is totally eliminated due to the fact that it holds little memory and being extremely subtle it will always pass through the alarm's sensor even on a slack line.

There is one saving grace when using delks and mono though. If set to full sensitivity, the alarm will sound like crazy before the drop off falls anyway, this should be enough to get your attention.

With regards to your Perch rig, light bobbin work like you speak of would be perfectly suited to Delkims.
Old 29-12-2006, 13:31

Paul, the line only beomes slack after the line has left the clip on the drop off indicator. Are you on the Grayling Fish In? If so, it would be good to chat then.

Matt, I haven't found a braid I like for perch fishing, in the lighter breaking strains, plus I prefer to use mono as I feel it is less visible. What have you been using?

I shall probably try some 20lb PowerPro next time I go zander fishing though.

I bought a couple of TXi's this morning.
Old 29-12-2006, 14:30
paul williams 2

Yes Matt, i'm on the grayling fish in.....look forward to meeting you and a few others.