What's the best bait for winter?

carpman_edd

Reaction score
During my Winter night fishing days and not having anything but a line bite i always think, is it the placing, or the bait, but then i know for a fact that its not the location as there has been many fish caught off there befor so what would you suggest as a good bait?...

A

andy driver

Try popped up worm/corn cocktail. Fake corn and dendrobaenas or half a lob worm on a maggi clip, with bloodworm and corn stick mix.

Also had fish to 24lb recently on Solar Winter Secret Fluoro pop ups.

Colin Harlow 2

Reaction score
try Carple steamers Winter Baits from the baitmaster.com Ive been using the Pineapple Cream Steamers with great effect this winter having almost as many fish as the summer sorted

wrongenUK

Reaction score
Have to say it ive done very well on indian spice(premier)
And cakey i do very well on that bait every autumn even better glugged;-)

William Bovington

Reaction score
I fish numerous lakes in the winter, and whereas all respond to all the top brand of boilies and flavours in the summer,they all have one thing in common , in the winter the only bait that consistenly out performs anything else is maggots.

J

Jake Langley-hobbs

The trouble with fishing in winter is the water temp can be really low and some baits don't disperse flavours well in cold water, unless they use good quality water soluble ingredients. Maggots won't be as lively in cold water as they are in summer, so i think a bait that has the ability to release soluble attractors at lower temperatures and also have a higher protein content would work best.

F

Frothey

they'll find it harder to digest high protein baits as the enzymes in the gut wont work as well.....

D

DAN.

try the new dyno baits fresh fish boilies
tryed them my self today and had a great result a couple of nice carp on a real winter day.