brasenose 1

J

Jon Read

hi all

im thinking of fishing brasenose 1 on tuesday for 3 day session.
never fished it before and am after some tips
hows it fishing at mo?
best swims?
bait?

cheers jon

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Hi Jon,

We fished Brasnose1 last weekend for 3 days, the weather conditions weren't ideal(very cold north easterly wind) and the fishing was tough but we still caught a few fish.(look in the gallery, my PB pic)

Best bait was a single 10mm pineapple pop up boilie and try to cast out about100-150yards, as it is a heavily fished lake and the fish grown wise and stay in the middle of the lake.

Depending which side of the lake you fish from, we were on the north bank, weed bed about 50 yards out.

Hope this helps ;-)

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I was there at the same time as Claudia, the water seems quite pressured, not much was coming in anywhere that weekend though.

west end of the lake seems to have a feeding shelf and the fish were responding to a bloodworm and hemp based spod mix. the takes were on small single pop up baits or 10mm snowmen.

The lake seems to be covered with a thin weed layer hence the 2 inch popup.

fish were 15 to 25 lb and lake record is over 30.

favoured pegs by the locals seem to be at the end of the barrage between the lakes just at the end of the new gravel path.

good luck and happy fishing,

I can also recommend the Lakeside breakfast, just phone up and have a full plated english breakfast delivered to your swim! Excellent

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Yep it can be a b****y long walk to the chemical toilets, depending where you bivvy up

appyamma

Reaction score
Ive never fished it but i fished hardwick 1 night and the buzzers on brasenose kept me awake . Theres plenty of runs waters about without having to pay that much to put a bend in your rod.

laurence garrrett

Reaction score
it ok for us men we can flop it out anywere! lol
Don't let Roy Parsons catch you flopping it about anywhere!!!!!

dean?o

Reaction score
me and my friend usually have a couple of weeks on the linears complex each year. last 2 yrs been on brasenose 1 and done fantastic. loads of canadian weed but we found when the fishing gets tough swap to single bottom bait and attach a stringer of around 7-10 boilies and aim for around 90-100yrds into the weed beds there. whilst every1 else around us was blanking we were hauling them in. they also took a fancy to peach boilies. worth thinking about.