Angling today tv series

malc donaldson

Reaction score
Does anyone recall Angling today which was on tv every week on Central television during the 70s presented by Terry Thomas(the angler -not the actor) a big rotund man with a moustache who always had a cigar or pipe in his mouth....tried to find out a bit about him on the net but nothing exists....

malc donaldson

Reaction score
Nah Fred ....Angling Today...and featured a guest angler who Terry introduced to viewers each week....the likes of Bob Church...Barry Brookes...Ken Giles....Ivan Marks....Kevin Ashurst.. ect

alan peck

Reaction score
Chris tarrant also starred in this programme, it was a bit spoofish, with Terry always making a f--k up,

One particular episode ,they were in pursuit of the shy elusive GRAYLING- as Terry said,"we must keep low and be quiet", and then fell down the bank about 8 feet with Chis T falling about with laughter,

If the old f-rt ever got in a boat he would always fall about,

my general feeling was that they had been to the pub before shooting commenced ,and Terry always had a glowing red face, like most drinkers have.

alan peck

nottingham

malc donaldson

Reaction score
your dead right Alan...a perfect discription of old Tez...one program i will never forget was Barry Brookes hooking a good salmon and he was struggling to bring it in,suddenly the fish took him in to some weed ,and within 2 seconds Terry put his lit cigar on Barrys line burning it through,saying it was cruel to fight the fish when it was trapped...lol...Mr Brookes went blue with anger and swore at Thomas and they had to cut filming...lol...cheers Al

quiggers

Reaction score
Angling Today was aired on Thursday nights at 11pm,on ATV.It was bi weekly,in that one week in two Gardening Today was aired.instead As a teenager with a head full of waffle one would lose track of the weeks,and sit up until 11pm hoping to see some fishing only to have Percy Thrower potting a dhalia.Terry Thomas lived out near Alvechurch and did enjoy the odd glass of port,but it was a great show of its time.As for his occasional assistant Chris Tarrant,whatever happened to him?

malc donaldson

Reaction score
yes thats right quiggers,shame no mention of Terry on the net though,i myself would stay up expecting to see the show and end up watching Bob Price and Cyril Fletcher digging the garden.....

malc donaldson

Reaction score
ok will do mate....ha haaaaaaaaaaaa great comment there slime monster ...you have summed Terry up to a tee...