Goo - who bought some?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
saw a few bottles in my local tackle shop £11.99 - I was tempted to try it but in the end didn't

so has anyone bought any and what is it like - does it work? has your catch rate improved?

dangermouse

Reaction score
Nope, but I have Mike`s recipe for a homemade version (sans fluorescein) so I`ll be giving that a try next time I fish my local lake.

red creel

Reaction score
Am very wary of products that are massively hyped as a rule so i think i will give this one a miss, even more so for the price its being flogged at:eek:mg:

Funnily enough my regular angling buddy was talking about this stuff at work this morning, apparently a local..ish commercial has banned it already.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Yes, but if you had seen some, would you have bought it Sam. :D

That would depend. I don't have any intention of buying any. However, I've said similar before only to find reality quite different when actually presented with whatever it was that I said I wasn't going to buy!:eek:;):D

chav professor

Reaction score
Am very wary of products that are massively hyped as a rule so i think i will give this one a miss, even more so for the price its being flogged at:eek:mg:

Funnily enough my regular angling buddy was talking about this stuff at work this morning, apparently a local..ish commercial has banned it already.

Based on what????? Rumour has it that another bait company failed to win the rights to manufacture under license and put out negative rumour and gossip..... Why are commercials run by such a sad bunch of muppets........

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

That would depend. I don't have any intention of buying any. However, I've said similar before only to find reality quite different when actually presented with whatever it was that I said I wasn't going to buy!:eek:;):D

I would get some - if you can......... All I will disclose is, watch this space.......:D

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Ordered some off Ebay Monday, £11.99 and free postage, received it yesterday morning, (Tuesday) at !!.00am, now that's service.

Turns out seller was Fishing Republic, Sheffield.

Will give it a go in next few days.

red creel

Reaction score
Based on what????? Rumour has it that another bait company failed to win the rights to manufacture under license and put out negative rumour and gossip..... Why are commercials run by such a sad bunch of muppets........

Chav...i have no idea you would have to ask the owner of the fishery in question for his reasons.The only thing i would offer is that this guy does tend to be a bit "trigger happy" when it comes to enforcing bait bans.Anything remotely outside the accepted commercial norms is treated with suspicion at best.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, but if you had seen some, would you have bought it Sam. :D

Only if it said ''made by shimano'' on the bottle Derek!!!!

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

I have heard it is good stuff but I think the price is a little bit over the top!!

chav professor

Reaction score
price wise, it is extremely cost effective.... a little goes a long way. The uses are as good as your imagination. Works well in a PVA bag - I think it is pretty revolutionary as an additive/attractant :cool:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tempted.

Welcome back Mark.

Thanks Fred, and thanks for trying to help. much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

price wise, it is extremely cost effective.... a little goes a long way. The uses are as good as your imagination. Works well in a PVA bag - I think it is pretty revolutionary as an additive/attractant :cool:

OK prof, you might have just swayed me, think I saw some in Billy Clarkes on friday.
Going to be using PVA bags on the Ribble this season!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
It looks the nuts but I'm naturally suspicious of all "wonder additives" like this.

That said if they bring out a fishy one [roach/lamprey power smoke ? ] I shall be on it like a rocket for me zander fishing. That I think could most definately be worth a go.

12 nicker a pop is a bit steep though.

dangermouse

Reaction score
I have heard it is good stuff but I think the price is a little bit over the top!!

I was just looking around the DC site and they are selling a pack of 6 bottles of flavoured fluoro liquids for £10. There`s no mention of the size of the bottles so it`s difficult to make an exact comparison but it does make you wonder just how much Korda are making on a bottle of Goo.

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

That said if they bring out a fishy one [roach/lamprey power smoke ? ] I shall be on it like a rocket for me zander fishing. That I think could most definately be worth a go.

Fluoro Shocking Pink with Shrimp and Krill - any good?

michael kirby

Reaction score
104 Reier Road , Atlasville , Boksburg , South Afr
Hi all bit of help for you all I hope, make your own as follows, you will need 1 empty powerade or energade bottle 500ml washed out inside, 1 tin or bottle of maple syrup or golden syrup (your choice) but you need 350ml, 2 bottles of caramel essence and 1 bottle vanilla essence ( these are normally small 40ml bottles used in baking made by moirs or Robertson's) and 2 instant caramel puddings ( these are also made by moirs here) inside you will find a packet of fine caramel powder this is what you will use. Into a mixing bowl mix together the 350ml of syrup the 2 x40ml bottles of caramel essence and 1x 40ml vanilla essence and pour in and mix in well the packets of caramel pudding powder this lot gives you around 470ml of GLOOP ( lets not call it goo) which you can now pour into the powerade/enrgade bottle, believe me our GLOOP is now at least the equal of any goo EXCEPT we have no flouroscene to give off an attractor cloud, but what to do is this, you can add the following food colourants to give our cloud effect, either 2 teaspoons of egg yellow powder ( yellow cloud) or 2 teaspoons of tartrazine ( orange cloud) or 2 teaspoons of carmosine powder ( red cloud) these should all be available there and are accepted safe food ingredients as far as I know, ( yes we use these here) the recipe I gave you is what we can call our base GLOOP, but because we have still 30ml space left in the bottle ( on purpose) you can now add 20ml or 25ml of any flavour you like NASH and DYNAMITE plus others make great contentrates add 20 ml of pineapple or any other flavour, you will find you now have a lovely thick concentrate full of great attractors giving off a nice bleeding attractor cloud either yellow ( pineapple) orange ( peach) or red ( strawberry) one thing I would make without a doubt is the base GLOOP and add about 10 to 20 ml of TCP with or without colourant, well there you have it, please let me know how you go on if you use it you can send me a personal message on this site, have fun everybody the world of GLOOP is now your oyster, I really hope you all have a great angling season we are going into Autumn and Winter now Best wishes Mike