Boat fishing on the trent ( weird request)

chris1980

Reaction score
Hi Guys
This might seem like a bit of a weird post but i need to find someone.
I bought a boat last year its an 18 foot fast fishing skiff. The idea was to hammer the Trent get in all those nooks and crannys you just cant get from the bank. Anyhows last October i only went and snapped my back ( not 100% accurate but you lot dont need my medical record). So needless to say im not as able as i was.
The only thing keeping me sane while off work is my fishing and i am having the best season of my life. My mate who fishes with me has a serious aversion to boats and refuses to step foot on her.
So the point to the post. I really cant drive properly yet let alone launch a powerboat on the Trent so i was wondering if theirs anybody about who is as addicted as me to catching what can only be described as sparse carp with a fair few barbel thrown in and this is the sticker has a car with a towbar and can tow safely and competently get in touch if you fancy it.
I usually do tuesdays and wednesdays but i am a little flexible my plan is too fish from the boat in day light but get bivvyed up for night fall in good spots. The boat is easily big enough to take two lots of tackle and probably more. Like i said i am a bit of a mess at the moment but i will be at it most weeks, obviously once i know you, on the times my backs in a mess and i cant make it you will be welcome to take her on your own. But the chances of me not making an arranged session are remote i just over medicate.
So to recap
If you have a towbar and can tow
You fancy giving the trent some hammer in a boat
you can fish mid week ( i am flexible but even while at work i wasnt allowed weekends)
And your not mental
i would appreciate you getting in touch and seeing if we can get out and catch one of them big uns.
I know this is a bit of a shot in the dark but if i dont start using the boat our lass is gonna get cheesed off and make me sell her. Im in retford so you would have to come here for the boat first.
Cheers guys and i hope to hear from you soon.
Chris