Shimano XT-RB 10000 too good to be true...?

pete999888

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been lurking for a while - as I have a pertinent question I just thought I would see what you guys think.

I have committed to buy (new) 2x Shimano XT-RB 10000 reels on *bay from a trade seller for £75.00 each. Does anyone know if a new model is coming out to justify this or if imitation products are rife in the reel industry? Only I am wary to part with my cash as they seem to usually retail at a lot more.

cheers
Pete

e2a: -I would post a link or the seller name but don't wish to violate any rules but they are listed at 79.99 with a "make offer" option

B

binka

If it's the ad I've just viewed it looks legit to me... 12 sold with 8 remaining and the sellers feedback is good with a lot of gear knocked out.

Only one way to know for sure... :)

pete999888

Reaction score
Thanks Binka, yeah I think (hope) there must be some serious wholesale purchasing going on, perhaps a loss leader strategy too. I have messaged to check it is definitely in stock before paying and will report back. At £75 this is near half price and might have to make another "hot bargain" thread. No I am not the *bay trader, just been after these reels for a while!

e2a: - Also, I'm getting two cheaper reels ST 6000 RA reels for 44.99 each (new), again this seems a great price , I think the guy who runs the online angling website must be called Eric....

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
The seller is a perfectly legitimate tackle dealer. I believe that they are the ebay arm of Angling Direct. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, provided they are what you want. Dealers, especially the bigger ones, often get deals on new models (which I believe this one is), particularly if they buy in bulk. Some dealers will get them and not pass on the saving to make as much money as possible. Others will pass the saving on and you'll get a bargain. I believe this to be a case of the latter. I've recently had a similarly cracking deal (less than half the price that most retailers are selling at), from a different retailer, on some newly released Shimano reels. The chances of counterfeiters managing to fake such a new reel are extremely slim. The chances of such a big legitimate Shimano dealer having fakes is also exceedingly slim.

brand new out SHIMANO BAITRUNNER XT 10000 RB | eBay

Eric's Angling is also perfectly legitimate and one of the major players. They often do some cracking deals.

Last edited:

pete999888

Reaction score
Thanks Sam, right I'm doing it! Right after a braid vs mono search or two!

pete999888

Reaction score
Yes! That's what I will do. I had an email back, the reels are in stock but due to "pressure from shimano" they have had to put the price up but they will honour the price I bought at, fair play!