leadcore leaders

nolan1977

Reaction score
Hi,

What is the best way to tie a leadcore leader to the mainline?

How can I learn to splice lead core to make own leaders?

What knots should be used to tie tackle onto leadcore?

What knots should be used to tie braid onto tackle?

Thanks

john step

Reaction score
One of my clubs has just banned leaders. Apparently there have been instances of fish tethering and lead core leaders were the main culprit.
As only a sometimes carp fisher I am not fully conversant with all the pros and cons but I am told there are many fisheries that are starting to ban them.
Any of you carpers out there fully conversant?

cattyfatty

Reaction score
i would not use leadcore if your just starting up ,if not used right can become a death rig in the making
you be better using Tungsten Putty there are lot of firms selling this all you need is small amounts size
put on your mainline 2-3 spots about a foot or so apart past your lead clip going up to your rod and this will pin your mainline down.
nash tackle do a liquid Tungsten in a bottle and you just brush it on your mainline , i've not used this but have used the Tungsten Putty and works quite well in pinning your line to the lake bed.

terry m

Reaction score
Anchor braid may be fine if you are fishing slack lines, which is not always easy. Properly set up leadcore will be easier and will ensure the line is pinned down for the length of the leader.

Do you have a local tackle shop who can talk you through making leaders?