GR60 or Ultima Power Carp

andrewnorman

Reaction score
I have been looking to respool and wanted a line that cast well, sink good and is very strong. I fish 2 main waters, 1 is very weedy and the other is clear open water where 80-90 yards would be about the furthest I'd need to cast.

I have seen some great reviews for GR60 and Ultima Power Carp but I can't decide between them and was just looking for some feedback.

Thanks in advance :)

benny samways

Reaction score
GR60 great reliable line, used it for barbel fishing a few seasons ago., stopped using it as it was more expensive than other just as good lines on the market at the time.

Can't comment on the Ultima Carp line but have used a lot of Ultima lines and they have always been reliable, I thought Power-Plus would be the line I would use for ever but then they went bust and I couldn't get hold of it in my local tackle shop.

Just as another recommendation and to fry your melon a bit more; Nash D-Cam mono is excellent as is Korda's Adrenaline. I bought these 2 around the same time and cant split them other than they are different colours, but I marginally prefer the Adrenaline.

law

Reaction score
Neither.
Use Gardner Pro Clear.

I spooled up with 15lb GR60, tied a figure of 8 loop knot, put it on the scales and it broke at just over 10lb.
Took it all back to the shop, opened another spool and did the same and it went at 9lb.
Tried Pro Clear and in the shop and it went at 17lb. So I've got spools with 15lb and my cat spools with 25lb and can't fault it. Sinks well, casts superb, doesn't fall off the spool or hold any memory.

I wouldn't touch any Korda line ever again. Their Subline is ****. It's supposed to sink but it doesn't, remains coiled and doesn't cast well at all.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
I have the Ultima Power carp on my big pits in 14lb.... it's a mainline.... it casts well, it sinks..... does what it sez on the tin..... job done:wh