Meanwhile over on a Carp group Chris Wilson wrote...

laguna

Reaction score
Nash boilies at £15 per Kg?

It can be as cheap or expensive as you want can fishing, it all comes down to the ingredient list. More is better IMO due to the fishes requirements for variety in their diet but there's more than one way to achieve that aim... HNV or cheap (frequently swapping and changing hookbaits) with a good supplementary carpet feed!

Also to be fair to any other bait company out there (large or small), from a marketing point of view you cant really expect a none bait maker/designer to understand how something works, only another bait maker who knows his stuff will appreciate the finer technicalities. I say let the angler do the catching and find out.... same as let the driver do the driving of a posh car if he/she can afford to - you don't need to know the ins and outs of mechanics to get to where your going do you?

Tight lines guys :)

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
When you take off,

Rolling
Packaging
Transport
Advertising
Overheads
Profit

That probably leaves about £4/Kilo for ingredients.

Not a lot for a HNV bait. The ingredients for the boilies I use come to about £10/Kilo wholesale, the best fishmeal I can source but it's the liquids that add the money. I get them rolled and frozen for me for £13/kilo all in. They would cost at least £25 a kilo if they were commercially marketed, not viable obviously but it does make you wonder exactly what goes into a bait that sells off the shelf at £10 a kilo.

On the subject of the new Nash bait, the story is that you don't need to use as much to get a result, therefor not pricey. If they are as good as claimed, that is probably true, I believe that that the food signals that a well designed and nutritious bait sends out will keep the fish looking for more.

I use mine sparingly with a small stick of crumb, usually combined with a bit of particle spread around it.

I don't fish commercials so we are talking lakes with a fairly low stock.

Stu

law

Reaction score
Hype or not, I know 3 people using it, all are doin incredibly well.
Once the pike season is over, I'll give it a try. I've done well on the old Nash stuff so it's got to be worth a go!

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Hype or not, I know 3 people using it, all are doin incredibly well.
Interesting Law, it's a move back towards quality HNV baits. Would be interested in how you get on. The theory is that it will sort out the rarely caught fish. You could be in for a pleasant surprise!

Stu

law

Reaction score
I'll report back after a few sessions :)