3/4 simple go anywhere carp rigs

fishperch

Reaction score
what are 3/4 simple carp rigs that are extremely versatile that you can use on almost any water for any size carp

law

Reaction score
The simple knotless knot. Works everywhere and will catch any size fish.
You can add a blow back ring or bit of silicone if wanted.

After that, they start getting a bit more complicated.

rubio

Reaction score
I'm no carp expert but I guess three quarters of a rig isn't quite enough

alsoran

Reaction score
The simple knotless knot. Works everywhere and will catch any size fish.
You can add a blow back ring or bit of silicone if wanted.

After that, they start getting a bit more complicated.

Just keep it simple as above.

The most complex rigs in the world can't catch carp that aren't in your swim..

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Have a look at Kevin Nash's 'Rig Evolution' on Youtube.

It will explain some of the thoughts behind some of the rigs.

However to repeat what others have said, keep it simple.

Stu

fishperch

Reaction score
The simple knotless knot. Works everywhere and will catch any size fish. You can add a blow back ring or bit of silicone if wanted. After that, they start getting a bit more complicated.
does the blowback work on mega weedy waters?

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
does the blowback work on mega weedy waters?
Mega weedy waters are a problem in themselves. Firstly, before you even think of casting out, you need to be sure that you have a credible strategy for playing the fish out. Hooking a fish in the middle of a weed bed, leaving it weeded, boating out and 'landing' the fish and half a ton of weed isn't fishing and risks serious damage to the fish imo.

Secondly, no rig is going to fish properly if the hook is weeded. You need to fish clear spots in weed (esp. heavy weed) and the rig will work as intended.

Stu

fishperch

Reaction score
Mega weedy waters are a problem in themselves. Firstly, before you even think of casting out, you need to be sure that you have a credible strategy for playing the fish out. Hooking a fish in the middle of a weed bed, leaving it weeded, boating out and 'landing' the fish and half a ton of weed isn't fishing and risks serious damage to the fish imo. Secondly, no rig is going to fish properly if the hook is weeded. You need to fish clear spots in weed (esp. heavy weed) and the rig will work as intended. Stu

oh okk usaly i give this lake a miss but aparently a high 30s carp came out but i do not know how as it's almost top to bottom weed on all the places you can reach. i do not know about past 150m as i never fish that far

law

Reaction score
Clear a spot.
Chuck 5 kg of particle in the same spot every other day for a couple of weeks and the fish will clear the spot for you.

Failing that, fish solid bags, but cut half the tab off the lead clip, or chods and use the new Korda lead drop thing.