Nash Dwarfs

naxian62

Reaction score
Howdy all,
Anyone got anything to say about the "dwarf" range ? I've got to thinking I need something a tad beefier than my 2.25's.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've been impressed by the Dwarfs, especially for the money, every time I've given them a try. However, they didn't impress me quite enough to actually buy them (neither did the Scopes). I still have nagging doubts about the telescopic aspect of the rod. I ended up with conventional ten foot rods, but the smaller pack size was very tempting.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
I have a pair of 9' 2.75lb Dwarf's, they are cracking rods for the money...
their compact nature is brilliant, they fit in the boot of my car with my day kit..... used em this morning as a matter o' fact....:D I'll post up the write up with a couple o' pics later this evening:cool:

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/general-fishing/350900-how-did-you-get-144.html#post1336529

quick write up with a couple of pics here...

naxian62

Reaction score
Sam. Which ten footers did you go for?
I've also got my reservations about the telescoping part. How's it gonna stand up to a bit of dirt getting in there?
Thanks for replies fellas,.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Sam. Which ten footers did you go for?
I've also got my reservations about the telescoping part. How's it gonna stand up to a bit of dirt getting in there?
Thanks for replies fellas,.

On the Dwarfs there is a seal around the butt section that is quite tight... to stop dirt getting in, my Dwarfs are 3 seasons old now and there is a bit of light marking around the blank on the second (mid) section where the top of the blank rubs on the second, but the sections are sound and it's not a worry and for the money you could do a lot worse.... the big advantage is the compact nature of the rods.... I did have a set of Telescopic Dam Andy Little 12'ers they were brilliant rods... I'd had them for 14 years with no problems. (right up till I broke the tip on one:mad:)

To a lot of folk, tele rods are a tad "noddy'ish"....? well, forget that sort of thinking.... the Scopes and Dwarf concepts are a breath of fresh air.... capable rods and (the Dwarfs anyway) very good value for your money.

Can't really fault em....:cool:

barryjh

Reaction score
I used a pair of the 9ft 2.75tc for a lot of my carp angling last year, and loved them. Great for small venues and tight swims, but personally I will stick to the 12ft rods on the big pits.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
That's their only limitation, although they have been used to cast over 150 yards in the right hands, the problem however would be line pick up at those distances....:cool: