rehydrated baits

clive morton

Reaction score
having air dried some baits i am going to try rehydrating them with some hemp oil and some with cc moores swimstim xp liquid just to try and make a hookbait more attractive i know shaun harrison advocates using the water from boiled hemp but says the baits go off after a couple of days.
i just wondered what other people use and if it preserves the baits as well as making them attractive to the carp.
clive.

thecrow

Reaction score
Whenever I used air dried baits (mostly abroad) I never rehydrated with anything preferring to allow them to rehydrate in the water that I was fishing.

The waters that I did this on although mostly abroad were fished by Dutch, French and Belgian anglers and I didn't want to take the risk of using a bait that had been artificially altered with chemical smells/flavours that the fish had seen before so the baits were left with only the smell of what they were made of. I caught doing this sometimes well other times not so well but I don't think it was lack of smell/flavour that caused me not to catch as well more like poor location and bait application on my part.