Best boilie

Keith M

Reaction score
What are you expecting to catch; anglers or Carp? Lol.

For me it's Freezer & Fishmeal & Spicey in summer and Freezer & Spicey during winter.

Keith

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
If I had the space for the decent quantities I want, I'd probably go for freezer baits. As it is I don't, so shelfies will have to do.

As regards to types/flavours, it all depends on the waters concerned. What works on one will not work on another. There is no defacto "best" boilie, and there never will be.

Keith M

Reaction score
Keith - do you make your own?

you don't use fishmeal in the winter? Why not?
Spice flavour, or actual spices?

Like many others I used to make all of my own baits back in the 80s & 90s but nowerdays I just use shop bought ready made frozen boilies, activators and other dips as I no longer spend as much time fishing for Carp as I used to.

I don't knowingly choose fishmeal based/flavoured baits during the winter months simply because I believe that fish oils will solidify more in freezing cold water and they don't seem to leak their flavours quite as much as they do in warmer water.

In the winter months I have more luck using smelly spicey flavoured baits like Active-X or Cell and similar baits together with dips and paste wraps to release extra flavour trails leading back to the hook.

Keith

Last edited:

Frothey

Reaction score
But the hooking potential from a square boilie is much better Peter......

Keith - most fish oils are actually easier for carp to digest than milk/nut meals. And definitely fish meals are. When most people talk about oily fishmeals, it's more in relation to the late 80's baits that were then glugged in more oil. Modern fishmeals are light years from them.....

Agree on the pastes, essential all year round in my opinion.

Frothey

Reaction score
Lechithin is better, and cheaper! Although not as trendy. Although there are plenty of natural emulsifiers.....

If you want something really potent, try Spiritus - about 98% distilled potato vodka. It's used by the Poles for diluting cordials into alcoholic drinks.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Lechithin is better, and cheaper! Although not as trendy. Although there are plenty of natural emulsifiers.....

If you want something really potent, try Spiritus - about 98% distilled potato vodka. It's used by the Poles for diluting cordials into alcoholic drinks.

I prefer Vodka to Lechithin as I make it up on site - if you don't catch you can then finish the rest of the bottle and you wont give a sh1te...................:w;)

cg74

Reaction score
Another bait company that's changed for the worse. You know Mark has sold the recipes to another company?

Yes I had heard Baitcraft was sold to Bank Bug Baits, who are continuing production of Mark's main products (T1 and Super K) but at a greatly inflated price.

I've got about 20kg of T1's in the freezer, I might buy a bag BBB T1's just to see if they're the same.