FishingMagic Forums

Go Back   FishingMagic Forums > FRESHWATER FISHING FORUMS > Carp Fishing
Register Forums Blogs Classifieds FAQ Calendar Arcade Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-02-2009, 15:34
Banned

JIMMY---PAAS is infamous around these partsJIMMY---PAAS is infamous around these parts

Myself and a few of work colleagues will be going down to work in Sheffield in June.

Nine of us in total, so we have decided to go fishing for Carp while we are there are five of my colleagues wholike carp, in-which I hate. Now we are wondering how many they can catch and B.B.Q them. I will not be having any.

At this time we have not made our minds up as to which part of Sheffield we will be fishing.

So can anyone inform me as to how many fish that they will be aloud to take from a fishery.
Old 14-02-2009, 16:37

The Sogster is on a distinguished road

Check the local byelaws. If it is a day ticket fishery or commercial then the answer is none. That would be theft which you allegedly don't condone.

However there are some free stretches on the river or canal in the towncentre where you can take some for the pot. No carp that high up the Don that I'm aware of though there are grayling and wild brownies to be had.

I do believe this thread to be a wind up though as you posted similar in the IYCF letters thread without a bite. [img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img] Or are you looking to follow Baz out the door. [img]/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif[/img]
Old 14-02-2009, 16:48

Mark Hewitt is on a distinguished road

Jimmy..............

Behave [img]/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif[/img]
Old 14-02-2009, 17:14
Banned

JIMMY---PAAS is infamous around these partsJIMMY---PAAS is infamous around these parts

Sogster; NO it,s not a wind-up.
Old 14-02-2009, 18:34
Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

From my side you can slaughter all the ratfish in the Sheffield area.

Bloody vermin!

[img]/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif[/img]
Old 14-02-2009, 18:43

The Sogster is on a distinguished road

I refer you to my original post then Jimmy, check the EA website for local byelaws, also check the relevant websites regarding fires on the bank.

You would have to admit it does sound fishy (pun intended) following on from the IYCF thread where you wrote:<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Well Paul, Myself and a few of my colleagues will be in Sheffield in June for a few weeks (working) and at the week-end we will be going fishing for carp, can you tell me as to how many (if we catch ) can we keep for the BBQ.</blockquote>

In direct response to:<blockquote class=quoteheader>Paul Howarth wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I agree there is no deterrent and I am staunchly in favour of there being more EA baliffs on the banks to catch the theives.

That still doesn't mean carp shouldn't go on sale. </blockquote>

I find it interesting that you feel the need to BBQ your catch (if any) especially when carp are available in the local supermarket. However as long as you are in possession of a valid licence and remain within the law it's your perogative.

Just two questions:

1) Do you regularly BBQ your catch?

2) Please provide me with a list of your local waters where I can catch fish for the pot. If you feel the need to deplenish stocks in my local waters it's only fair that you reciprocate and give other anglers the opportunity to reduce your local fish stocks.
Old 15-02-2009, 11:27

Lord Paul is an unknown quantity at this point

[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]
Old 15-02-2009, 11:36

Donald Bain is an unknown quantity at this point

Jimmy, I'll gladly give you a guide to the best fishing in the Sheffield area, sadly though if you take carp for the pot from private waters this is a criminal offence with a fine upto &pound;1,000 plus costs.

But as already said there are rivers and canals galore where byelaws allow the taking of 2 fish per angler for the pot, as long as it is NOT a private stretch!

The River Rother and Don both have a lot of free stretches, but not many carp.
Old 15-02-2009, 11:45

Lee Swords is an unknown quantity at this point

Although there are lots of carp venues in and around Sheffield I wouldn't advise eating anything from either the Don or the Rother as both were grossly polluted to the point where they could not sustain higher life forms.

The silt beds on which the invertibrats and micro-fauna proliferate and feed upon still contain numerous highly toxic substances which make there way up the food chain via the infusoria (not sure if that term is correct)

What I will say in common language is that if you eat anything from either venue...Be it on your own head and don't cry when the doctor gives you 3 months.

SERIOUSLY
Old 15-02-2009, 11:49

Donald Bain is an unknown quantity at this point

Lee, I forgot to mention the toxics...wonder why?