Day ticket waters near Faversham, Kent

Alf James

Reaction score
My brother has asked if I could take his young son on his first fishing trip this summer. So I'm looking for a day ticket water near Faversham, Kent, where he could perhaps catch a few roach/rudd/perch on a short whip.

Can anyone suggest anywhere, and bear in mind I don't know the area so a named road and town would be useful.

Thanks,

Alf

M

mel Crighton

Bax Farm Fishery, Teynham,Nr Faversham,

Follow A2 from Faversham towards Sittingbourne pass through Teynham take next Right towards Tonge Mill, at 'Y' Junction bear right,Lower Road, at 'T' Junction turn right Bax Farm is sign posted on left, follow signs to lakes.

good general lakes and stream. well laid out with platforms. fished it many time.
good starter place for new comer's

there are others, though I could suggest, but not local to Faversham.

hope this helps.

Alf James

Reaction score
Mel,

Thanks for putting me onto Bax Farm as it looks ideal from what information I've gleaned from the internet.

It will be a few weeks before I take my nephew there but when I do I'll let you know how we get on.

Alf

M

mel Crighton

Alf..

Pleasure to help, have a nice day.

tight lines,

Mel

L

Les Clark

Alf,theres a few day ticket waters around faversham,ashford tackle shops which are in faversham and ashford have thier own day ticket waters,and there are a lot more about providing you have transport ,best to ask at the tackle shop first and take it from there.

P

peter webber

Lavender Farm is another one you might want to try.

Its just down on the Thanet Way.

Take the M2 on to the Thanet Way and at the First roundabout double back and the fishery is just down on your left.
You can see it as you drive up to the turn off.

Alf James

Reaction score
Les and Peter,

Sorry not to have responded sooner but just got back from a week at Whiteacres.

Thanks for the info. I'll be following up on both your leads.

Alf

C

Colin North, the one and only

I seem to recall "The School Pool" at Faversham. I fished it once, with a club, so I don't know whether it is a day ticket water. I do remember that it was full of silver fish.

C

Colin North, the one and only

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea from anybody ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Colin , I don`t think that "school pool " is on a day ticket anymore, it belongs to Faversham Angling Club .</blockquote>
As I said Les, I didn't know whether it was day ticket., To give you an idea about how long ago I am talking about, we were still fishing to Thames size limits, and I won the match with the only "goer" caught on a caster. Those were the days. When you think about it, it seems a bit unfair that if someone caught 10lb of small fish, they could be beaten by a single fish, weighing a few ounces, but that was life then.

Bill Evans 2

Reaction score
Hi

I have been trying to get in touch with Faversham angling club as I would like to become a member but have been informed that you have to have 2 members propose you as a new member and as I know none of the present members I have just about given up any present members have any ideas of other ways of becoming a member ?????