Derri Boots

C

Cheese Paste

I have a pair of the Sundridge Moon boots which are extremely bulky cumbersome. Anyone recommend the Derris Boots? They look pretty good for walking in.

P

Paul Williams

I have the Derri moon boot and like all moon boots they are warm but crap to walk in!.....better than some i agree but not good.

S

Stuart Bullard

Cheese paste. Check a recent post about Chub walking boots. Also I think Graham has done a review on some boots (he gets most things free to review!!). I have just got the chub boots from my local for ?35. Used them yesterday for the first time and they were lovely. Even though it wasn't cold I got the impression they would be fantastic in winter, and the grip is very good.

Sundridge moon boots are strictly for static sessions (IMHO).

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
There's a review of the Chub Field Boots just gone on board here: <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=1472>Chub
Field Boots</A>

C

Cheese Paste

You the man SP. OK i am now going to purchase field boots, Skee-Tex or Chub?

W

Wendy Perry

cheese paste, when you buy them ask them if they are gonna do them in any smaller sizes please i am after some but i am only a size 5 it says in Grahams reveiw to get the right shoe size or i would have gone for a 6 then thick pair of socks .

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Wendy, bear in mind that I've only reviewed one pair of them, and there is always a remote chance that they may not be the best example. Best thing to do is try them on, they're in most larger tackle shops now. A size larger with an insole and a thick pair of socks could be the answer, and that way you get extra cushioning and insulation anyway.

W

Wendy Perry

yeah thanks Graham i never thought of that i will have a look around this week :eek:)

D

Dave Burr

They are a bit more expensive but are extremely comfortable, warm, have superb grip and are built to last! They are 4x4 Fellsman Field Boots by Country Concepts. I reviewed a pair for the Barbel Fisher magazine (out this week) and I reckon they are the poodles noodles.

D

Dave O'L

Wendy if you go to a decent walking climbing shop they would have decent insoles that may help & won't fall apart. I think like Graham said try a pair on & just see how big they are.

R

Rodger Walker

cp

Ive got a pair of the skee-tex field boots..
They are wondeeeeeeeerrrrrrrfffuuuullll.
warm, comfy, waterproof, supple, easy to walk in and goood foot hold in mud and water.Have a look at them , its well worth while....

D

Del Jarman

Wendy, an advert for skee-tex field boots in a certain coarse fishing magazine says they are avaliable in a range of sizes, including children. You should be able to get a pair to keep your tiny tootsies warm.

Del.

P.S.Ad. is on page 93.