feeder rod advise

dalesman

Reaction score
Just damaged my 2 peice barbel rod again first time strong winds caused the tailgate on the car to shut while loading the car and some thing simular when I lent it to a friend .

So I am going back to 3 peice rods so I am looking for a med/heavy 12' 13' rod any ideas folk as I will be using it for chubbing and barbel.

3 section rod does not cause any probs as I not one to pull the rod out of its sleeve and bait up the hook and chuck it straight in, once I get to the swim.

And using a 3 section would be easier to transport and when tackling I can check the line and all knots, some thing I am guilty off not checking in the past

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
The now discontinued Greys Prodigy Barbel comes in both 2 or 3 pieces (1.5, 1.75 & 2lb t/c) and it is a twin tip(normal and quiver) with 3 quivers. Although discontinued with the introduction of the new series It is still possible to pick one up from tackle shops or the net. Another option could be to fit a new set of struts to your hatchback as the existing ones could be knackered.;)
Jerry

http://www.veals4carp.com/product/1751-7/PRODIGYBARBEL3PIECE12FT175LB

Last edited:

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Looking at where you're based Dalesman you're not likely to need a really heavy rod. I'd suggest looking at heavy feeder rods as you'll have more choice in 3 piece versions than you will in conventional avon/barbel rods. If you're fishing the Yorkshire rivers you might be best with an 11/13ft rod giving you a shorter rod for tight swims.

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
JW travel barbel 12’ 5pc 1.75 TC around £70 worth checking ebay
Greys prodigy barbel 12’ 3pc as above or the VX £150.00
Daiwa Twilight barbel 12’ 3pc 1.75 TC around £85.00
I think it might be worth looking at the Shimano and Maver ranges too as they used to or still do a lot of feeder rods that come in 3pc.
Otherwise take a look at Harrison and Insight.........you do not want to let your tailgate drop on one of these.

Wag

Reaction score
Daiwa Twilight 4 piece - just got the 2.25 lb rod from Billy Clarke's and it is spot on. I use it for Carp fishing mainly - the 1.75 lb version might be a better fit for you and is available as a 4 piece as well.