Autumn

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
With colder weather coming out way, what are your plans for Autumn Fishing ?

Having had a dreadful Summer, mainly due to hospital trips I'm heading off Perch fishing on the Lea Navigation to start with, then if we get a bit of Rain, it will be the Chub and Barbel.

As winter approaches, it's Pike and a few trips to the Itchen and Test for those Grayling and Roach.

Might even put out a Pike Rod and see if I can winkle out a Big River Pike ?

What are you plans for the rest of the season:w

Bob

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Same as usual for me Bob; Grayling, Roach and the occasional Chub.

I'm not a predator angler at all, they just don't 'do it' for me, each to their own though.

I'll also be taking in a few more matches and fish-Ins in the Autumn and winter as we have a few planned elsewhere from now onwards.

I'm off for a while now to give a new Pellet Waggler rod the chance of landing a few F1's for practice.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Grayling (wasn't someone going to arrange a fish in on the Lower Itchen?) Roach, Chub, Perch and some river Pike fishing that I have somewhat neglected over the last few years.
Jerry

Bluenose

Reaction score
I'll be mainly perch fishing (unsuccessfully) then moving on to chub.

Autumn is 'the' best time of the season by a mile in my opinion.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Zander,roach,grayling...in that order of preference and the sooner the leaf goes the better. I hate Autumn fishing....give me winter any day.

Now you mention it, I probably like catching fish most when it's proper cold, however the sights and smells of autumn, especially as it cools, is the one thing that does it for me.

flightliner

Reaction score
Big river roach and chub for me if I,m lucky. Autumn for me starts with that most evocative smell of suger beet coming from the factories near Newark and Bardney near lincoln. If the wind is right you can smell it for miles , allways takes me back to when I was very very young.

terry m

Reaction score
I love the autumn, probably my favourite time of the year.

The start of pike fishing - my absolute favourite, plus the chance to catch carp at maximum weight along with barbel and chub.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I was planning my autumn perch fishing because a couple of weeks ago I had one of 3lbs 7½ozs from a small pond and this old sage whispered in my ear that the same pond would hold 4s and more. So I tried it on Friday and I caught TWO ..........

The two smallest perch in the pond hanging on a size 10 hook baited with a lobworm, the lob being longer than the perch. Just shows how all the plans of mice and men etc...

Just want some rain, 3 - 4 weeks worth, to bring the river up and put soem flow into it. Then it will be chub time, and pike time.

chav professor

Reaction score
A few sessions targetting a 20lb river pike, a chub of at least 5lb (and be on target to catch 50 4lb + chub by christmas) -realistic, but challenging targets for the venue/venues I will be fishing.

Oh, and a trip on the Itchen for the Grayling!!!!!!

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the Yorkshire rivers to settle into something like a nice condition then it's chub and grayling for me. if the chub fishing goes well then I'll fit some pike fishing in as well.