MAVER GRIM REAPER POLE

M

Matthew White

Has Anyone bought the new 'Maver Grim Reaper' pole, or tried one out?
Iv been reading a lot about them and I am interested in buying one but wold like to hear from anyone who has had any experience with one before I hand over my cash.
Failing that has anyone any experience with the maver poles in general?

M

Michael Hall

I`m not sure but ~I think that they will be available from 2nd march! (not sure though) Its an excellent pole for its price bracket, and its expected to be one of the best selling poles of 2002 which not doubt about it that it will do very well.
I quite like to look of the metalica by maver! but at a price range of ?500.

G

gary magee

I used to have a maver strongarm the predessor to the grim reaper and it was excellent for the money.I now have a maver respect which cost me a grand which is the dogs dangly bits. Another thing you should think about is top sets. Maver do universal power 2`s for 30 quid and they are spot on (these will fit the reaper no dought).I`D BUY ONE.

S

Steve Parsons

For a full review check out today's Angling Times.They seem to like it!

L

Laurie Harper

"Grim Reaper"? They don't half think of some funny names. AK47 rods? What next? Anyone for a "Serial Killer" reel? I thought this was the gentle art...

D

Darren White

i have 2 maver poles and love them. very very strong and the spare parts are cheap and readly available. if i hadent just bought a new pole im sure i would of ended up with the grim reaper. try derby angling centre they have a good mail order on the pole at the moment.

A

Andy Maskery

Spoke to Phil Briscoe from Maver today at N.E.C. The whole organisation looks like a class act, I'd buy one on what I've heard.

D

darryl rogers

i have got the new metalica and it is great and handels well so the grim reaper must be goog for the money

K

Keith Ashby

Matt,
I have a medusa and when i bought had to wait 3 months for a match top set to come from italy.You should be ok with new poles though.just bought a fighting no4 for it as the fourth supplied looks alright but not up to carp fishing.

D

Dave Beal

It looks pitty good Try the angling center Derby for the best deal - about ?249 with loads of extras

T

tony BURTENSHAW

just bought the GRIM REAPER FROM HAINES ANGLING IN FROME he had 11 delivered on friday and sold 2 that day! havent tried it yet to windy to day but it handles well and looks great and exellant service from chris who give me an exellent deal 2x top3 kits plus extension to 13metres makes this a great pole buy it today!

M

Michael Hall

I would put money on it that it will be the best selling pole of 2002! Excellent value for money, good make, Ideal length, great value for spares and tops! I bet that this pole will take the uk by storm!

M

Matthew White

Cheers for all the help lads!

Iv just got off the phone to Angling Centre Derby having just ordered my Maver Grim Reaper.

I feel like a kiddy at christmas time waiting for it to arrive!!!

Thanks again to all those who replied.
MATT