Pole Elastication - Help Appreciated!

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am about to buy my first pole and have a quick question...

It has a telescopic top three match kit, and I intent to run No. 4 solid elastic through the first two sections for canal work (no carp :eek:)

My question is this - if the top kit is telescopic, how is it stored once it is elasticated? Does it just 'telescope' down with the elastic inside it?

Many thanks for any advice!

jasonbean1

Reaction score
it wil be easier to break down pointing it vertically to stop the laggy snagging

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
When you telescope the topkit down after use, make sure to remove the bung and pull all the slack elastic out of the kits. Light elastics can get trapped in the joints and suffer damage.

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your replies. I'm a lifelong running line/rod user, so it's a little bit daunting...

S-Kippy, your compliment on my moniker is appreciated!

ivel

Reaction score
as already mentioned the biggest problem with tele tops is closing if you dont want to pull the bung every time the other way is to pull the elastic out from top hold it down side of sections this will tighten elastic then close number 2 then tip section they will run down elastic without snagging.top three is alot of elastic if top 2 are long enough (1.5mtraprx)elasticate these alot less fiddly
regards

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
With a name like Bullmoose Jackson if you're not a Rap artist or Defensive End then you ought to be. Outstanding !

Close enough! I'm a part-time blues guitarist. With a passion for coarse fishing in Ireland. Life loves a paradox. :)