FishingMagic Forums

Go Back   FishingMagic Forums > FRESHWATER FISHING FORUMS > Coarse Fishing
Register Forums Blogs Classifieds FAQ Calendar Arcade Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2013, 15:47

Andy M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New float rod

I would like to buy a new float rod for general purpose waggler fishing on still waters mainly. About 13ft and less than 100 quid. There seems to be quite a lot on offer such as Daiwa proteus 13ft, Korum Neoteric 13ft 4 piece and shakespeare Agility 13ft Power match. Okuma do a 13/15ft which at about 50 quid looks promising and there are not doubt more but which one? Any help gratefully received as it will be mail order.
Old 24-04-2013, 17:19

chefster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New float rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
I would like to buy a new float rod for general purpose waggler fishing on still waters mainly. About 13ft and less than 100 quid. There seems to be quite a lot on offer such as Daiwa proteus 13ft, Korum Neoteric 13ft 4 piece and shakespeare Agility 13ft Power match. Okuma do a 13/15ft which at about 50 quid looks promising and there are not doubt more but which one? Any help gratefully received as it will be mail order.
Hi Andy,what you have listed is just the tip of the iceberg,its a minefield when buying new tackle,is there no way that you can actually get to look or get the feel of any rods before you commit to buy,everyone can give advice,but people have their personal preferences,and they might not suit you Chef
Old 24-04-2013, 18:14

Difficult Chefster as I live in Holland and although some of the gear they sell is certainly quality the makes are unfamiliar and I cannot get any real info, except for a few expensive brands which are also marketed in the UK. So anyone who does a fair bit of fishing and has a good experience with a rod I would be happy to hear from. I am leaning toward the Korum Neoteric a because it is the most expensive and you tend to get what you pay for and second because it can be broken down into two pieces and thus left tackled up - (lazy I know!)
Old 24-04-2013, 18:23

Most modern rods are 2-piece now,as a lot of people are using the ready rod bags,to save time tackling up on the bank-leading to more fishing timeThe only advice i can give you is to widen you,re choice maybe.Personally i use Daiwa,Maver,Drennen rods,each for different things and they are all very good rods,other than that i cant really help,but i,m sure others can offer more useful advice ,all the best Gaz
Old 24-04-2013, 18:51

chubberbob is on a distinguished road

maver have always been my choice but each to there own as already stated can you not find a local shop or friends that will let you try one
Old 24-04-2013, 18:54

Have just spotted a Maver Genesis black ice, 13 ft 3 piece at 75 quid, so the price is right and if Maver are generally good quality might well give it a go.
Old 24-04-2013, 18:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
Have just spotted a Maver Genesis black ice, 13 ft 3 piece at 75 quid, so the price is right and if Maver are generally good quality might well give it a go.
Andy,i,ve got the Maver Black Ice Genesis 11ft pellet waggler,and i can honestly say its brilliant ,light ,balanced and great for playing fish,cheers Gaz
Old 25-04-2013, 06:51

Many thanks Gaz and Bob will give the Korum a shot.
Old 26-04-2013, 14:59

bullmoose_jackson is on a distinguished road

The new Drennan Red Range 13ft float rod looks like a great all-rounder. Only about 60 quid, so you would have some change for a new reel.

I'll see if I can find a link...
Old 26-04-2013, 15:12

Lord Paul of Sheffield will become famous soon enoughLord Paul of Sheffield will become famous soon enough

Drennan 7 series