Favourite book...

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The Deepening Pool by Chris Yates is a pretty good read too.

The first chapter from the fishing hut on the Hampshire Avon I always enjoy reading and re reading.

I fished there there some years ago with Nigel and Ron and we all gathered for lunch in that hut. Think I wrote about the day too . . . .

Jeeze, I just searched for that and it was 2003, that's getting on for 10 years ago, don't time fly

http://www.fishingmagic.com/features/diaries/11670-late-summer-on-the-avon-at-bisterne.html

Last edited:

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Another good fluff-flinging book is Trout From The Hills by Ian Niall and relates his fishing exploits around the mountain lakes of Snowdonia.

scottt

Reaction score
The book of the Perch and the biggest fish of all, both by the Perchfishers.

jimlad

Reaction score
Blimey, plenty of great suggestions. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mick b

Reaction score
The Doomsday Book of Mammoth Pike........I call it Fred's book of dreams...my dreams!

flightliner

Reaction score
"My fishing days and ways" by John Martin the "Trent Otter", allways an unseen presence to me when I,m on the Trent.

"Mr Crabtree goes fishing" inspirational to any young lad in the fifties and onwards.

"Within the streams" John Hillaby, a must for any northern angler living in what may have been an industrual area, he really takes you out of it to where you long to be.