Bronze Bream - English Record

keora

Reaction score
Does anybody know the weights and location of the various British Record Bream (Bronze) caught during the 1970s and 1980s. I believe there were two or three record breakers in that period.

The BRFC website shows only the current record weight.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

13lb 9oz TC pit 1983???

15lb 6oz Alistair Nicholson 1984 Queenford

15lb 6oz Tony Bromley 1984 Staffs pit

15lb 10oz John Knowles 1985 Queenford

W

16lb 6oz Aug 1986

16lb 9oz June 1991

16lb 10oz July 1999

16lb 12oz Sep 2000

18lb 40z June 2001

note....

Me 17lb 4oz Sept 2001 if the bloody 18.4 wernt caught by a carp angler

Ba humbug /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Sshh. Just finished mate and having a midnight snack to replenish lost energy/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
It was better in the car park than on the bank Steve!

Lots of wildlife about. Isaw a few unrecognisable hairy thingsthat night/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
.............. Speci sleep walking? No worse than back home then? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

keora

Reaction score
Warren, thank you for the information.

I'm particularly interested in the record bream becauseyesterday Ifished apond, whereI met an angler who believed thatit held the bream recordfor a while in the 1970s. I thoughtI'd check it out, as I'vefished this smallwaterfor many years and have nevergot the feeling it could hold a record.

I've found these further details:

In 1969 the BRFC deleted the then record bream of 13lb 8oz from Chiddingstone Castle lake, caught in 1945. Perhaps the BRFC reviewed the evidence and felt the catch was not authentic.

The BRFcmightthen have replaced this fish witha 12lb 12oz breamtaken from Tring in 1931 - but the source I'm referring to is not very clear on this.

There was a record fish of 12lb14oz caught in 1976, although I don't know whichwater this was from.

In 1977 a 13lb8oz bream from a Staffs waterbecame the new record bream.

So I'm interested in those bream which held the record from 1969 to 1977.

Lungi-Jim

Reaction score
And....what about us river boys? Any idea of the British river record bream? Biggest i've heard of from the Severn was pushing 12. I know it doesn't seem so popular anymore - but Dic Fisk and I are on a Bream-tas-tic River estravaganza at the mo. would love to think we are getting close.

Cheers

Jim

W

I know John Conway has had them to i think 11lb from a northern river and i think the Lea has done them to nearly 13.

W

John with a big river Bream
lunebream2.jpg

Day Breamer

Reaction score
I know of a pit in Derby that held some big Bream but it was all abit hush hush like youd expect, im still waiting for the record to go, there has to be a 20lb Bream scoffing boilies somewhere.

I think it will go to a carp angler on a 20mm strawberry boilie soon, its due to go, and will probably shatter existing records, there is possibly a 20lbBream in most southern counties (south of Cheshire) andsooner or later they will inevitably show up.