Daiwa or Maver

rincon60

Reaction score
So I've been googling, reading, posting, asking and looking for a rod around 12-13 ft that I can fish commercial waters while on holiday, plus some river stuff for chub, tench and bream in my price bracket seems to be these rods.

Daiwa proteus match - a shop near me has this for £40 at the moment or the
Maver Abyss x

I guess drennan red range rods also come into my thinking

Does anyone have any thoughts on these rods?

Thanks!

cal_sutt

Reaction score
I'd go for the Daiwa if I were you, at £40 you can't go wrong for one of those rods. It was featured on the Angler's Mail website for being the best float rod for a starting angler or low-budget, it was tested for stick float applications on a river as well as in a commercial situation and it got "top marks" for both so I'd definitely go for that. You still can't go wrong with Drennan or Maver rods either so whichever one you buy, you'll be buying a good rod.

Happy buying!

rincon60

Reaction score
I'd go for the Daiwa if I were you, at £40 you can't go wrong for one of those rods. It was featured on the Angler's Mail website for being the best float rod for a starting angler or low-budget, it was tested for stick float applications on a river as well as in a commercial situation and it got "top marks" for both so I'd definitely go for that. You still can't go wrong with Drennan or Maver rods either so whichever one you buy, you'll be buying a good rod.

Happy buying!

Thank you!

wagglerdave

Reaction score
I have the drennan red range waggler rod and I can't recommend it highly enough. I use 3-4 lb line and have caught tench to around the 6lb mark and carp to around 8-10lb. I've never felt under powered and the feeling through the rod is immense. Even small roach/perch will put a bend in it.
I picked mine up for £25 new on eBay so it's cheap enough that you won't have to worry about throwing it in the back of the car whilst going on holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk