River Derwent

squibbles

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any spots you can fish the Derwent in East Yorkshire it travels through from Wassle up towards Pickering. Ideally accessible by car without lots of walking. I've done various searches and some stretches are owned by associations clearly I can't fish these, I would need a free fishing area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

nicepix

Reaction score
Check the local tackle dealers. There are a few day ticket waters here and there usually owned by farmers that I have fished in the past, but a long time ago. If you could obtain an old copy of the handbook: 'From Trent to Forth' that used to be published annually it will give you some useful information, but don't rely too heavily on it as it is bound to be out of date.

Also, could I suggest looking at the River Severn and Rye? Same area and some good fishing to be had when I used to go out that way.

squibbles

Reaction score
Check the local tackle dealers. There are a few day ticket waters here and there usually owned by farmers that I have fished in the past, but a long time ago. If you could obtain an old copy of the handbook: 'From Trent to Forth' that used to be published annually it will give you some useful information, but don't rely too heavily on it as it is bound to be out of date.

Also, could I suggest looking at the River Severn and Rye? Same area and some good fishing to be had when I used to go out that way.

Thank you for your pointers - I will take a look at the Severn and Rye

nicepix

Reaction score
If you have the time have a drive around the villages near to the rivers and ask at the post offices or newsagents. Back then, that's usually where I bought the day tickets from.