Coppens pellets

nicky

Reaction score
Wonder if If any one who uses these pellets can help me.
I've always used screttings in the past but my local shops swapped brands and I find these coppens pellets don't break down on the method feeder as they are too sticky and more often than not come back still attached to the feeder and hence I'm not feeding the swim, id like to carry on using them as I've found a farm shop that sells them at 1.35 a kilo so good value but no good if I can't use them properly.
I wonder if theres and other ingredient I can mix with them to get them to break down quicker

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

thecrow

Reaction score
I have purchased Coppens trout pellets in the past but stopped using them as they seemed to have a very high oil content, not good for the fish.

If the ones you are using are also high oil that could be the reason for the slow breakdown as the water takes more time to penetrate the pellet.

nicky

Reaction score
They definately different pellets to the screttings wether it more oil I'm not sure, but even if allowed to soak overnight untill fully softened they still don't come off the feeder

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

I've heard there are only two manufacturers of coarse pellets and that's screttings and coppens

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

I've been using the trout pellets for barbel on the wye I think they are also coppens not as oily as halibuts but the fish seem to like them

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

They definately different pellets to the screttings wether its more oil I'm not sure, but even if allowed to soak overnight untill fully softened they still don't come off the feeder

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

I've heard there are only two manufacturers of coarse pellets and that's screttings and coppens

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

I've been using the trout pellets for barbel on the wye I think they are also coppens not as oily as halibuts but the fish seem to like them