Boot sale rod buy

iain t

Reaction score
Just bought a rod from a boot sale for a fiver. A Browning express match feeder 3300 carbon 10ft. Anyone know anything about these rods ?

B

binka

I couldn't find much Googling but it would appear you got a bargain if second hand asking prices are realistic...

FISHING TACKLE BROWNING EXPRESS MATCH 3300 10ft.FISHING ROD | eBay

Might be worth being cheeky and asking the seller for more info but I reckon it's probably something they don't really know as they have a lot of listings for all sorts of stuff and they might not necessarily have owned it for use themselves... Although you never know, a fair bit of it is fishing gear.

iain t

Reaction score
Spotted the listing, messaged him but no luck. No info of this rod anywhere on the net

chubber1

Reaction score
ive used the waggler version of this rod at 12 foot had some nice carp on the float up to 8lb and handled it with ease had nice through action id think the feeder version would be fine and for a fiver a bargin

mick b

Reaction score
Just bought a rod from a boot sale for a fiver. A Browning express match feeder 3300 carbon 10ft. Anyone know anything about these rods ?

Well done!

All I managed on my Sunday rummage was a mint fly box for 60p
AND an unused 'Hillier Trees and Shrubs'.......for 50p :D

Turned down an 11ft Dawsons built cane river rod for a fiver.......now wishing I hadn't :eek:mg:

C'est la vie

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are plenty of bargains out there for those willing to get out of bed and look for them. I have had some great finds over the years, usually from the lady selling a few bits off to make a bit of pin money who has a few old tackle bits found in the shed.

greenie62

Reaction score
There are plenty of bargains out there for those willing to get out of bed and look for them. I have had some great finds over the years, usually from the lady selling a few bits off to make a bit of pin money who has a few old tackle bits found in the shed.
There'll be hell to pay when her hubby finds out he hasn't been as forgetful - leaving gear on the bank - as she's been telling him! ;):rolleyes::eek:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Going by the stories they tell you the husbands of most of the ladies I'm talking about left them years ago for a younger model or died 12 months after retiring.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Litterally ten minuters ago (and no ones going to believe me); passed a skip with a old beachcaster leaning against it. A bloke came out and I asked him if he was throwing it out, he said take it. It needs a bit of cleaning up. Its a Powerhouse 12ft by Leeder. I have done this a couple of times and picked up two nice boat rods a few years ago. No harm in asking !

mick b

Reaction score
Whilst walking behind the College in Winchester last Friday I noticed a beautiful section of solid oak board laying in a skip of the contractors refurbishing the library.
Wild horses could pull me away, and as eyed it with relish the foreman appeared and invited me to take it..:D

Much to the embarrassment of my good Lady I proceeded to lift it out and dust it down before carrying it back to the car.......but the envy in the eyes of some of the guys watching was priceless.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Skip diving, I must admit I can't resist slowing down every time I pass a skip.
Driving a van gives you a great vantage point and I have had some lovely finds in the last few months including a vintage samsonite suitcase which looked new, two 4ft diameter oak half wine barrels which planted up are taking pride of place on my front garden and a lovely 100 year old pine door which I have not found a use for yet but it will come in for something.

It's recycling in it's purest form and my Mrs (bless her) is almost as bad as me though she would never admit it.

greenie62

Reaction score
.........It's recycling in it's purest form and my Mrs (bless her) is almost as bad as me though she would never admit it.

Yeah - know wotya mean:
"All I got from the shops was this beautiful cashmere sweater - expensive? - NO! - it was in the 'bin' at the end of the display area!" ;):rolleyes::eek:mg:

Retailers have obviously cottoned-on to the idea that we've turned into a nation of 'dumpster divers'!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Many years ago I worked for a engineering firm with a big yard. The owner rented some of the yard to a mini skip firm where they used to leave there skips before taking them to the tip. Every evening; me and my mate , also a angler; had a good rummage. The stuff we found and the fishing gear we had was unbeleivable. Anything a bit damaged we took into the workshop and repaired. Good days.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not from the skip but from a neighbour, a Royal Crown Derby mantle clock which has stopped working, a quick trip to Wilco and a new battery later it's good as new so I offered it back to her. Her answer was, "No you keep it, I'm bored with it anyway".............Retail price £580!

mick b

Reaction score
Not from the skip but from a neighbour, a Royal Crown Derby mantle clock which has stopped working, a quick trip to Wilco and a new battery later it's good as new so I offered it back to her. Her answer was, "No you keep it, I'm bored with it anyway".............Retail price £580!

What delightful neighbours you have. :D

Info to all skip/bin divers.....
Removing litter from a skip or bin is theft without the consent of the owner :eek:mg:

nicepix

Reaction score
Info to all skip/bin divers.....
Removing litter from a skip or bin is theft without the consent of the owner :eek:mg:

It isn't that straight forward. English law rarely is.

Providing that you have taken reasonable steps to try and trace the owner, or that tracing the owner was not feasible (skip parked outside a large block of flats for example) and that you believed the property to have been abandoned and that you weren't taking it for financial gain, it isn't likely that CPS would authorise charges.

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

Going by the stories they tell you the husbands of most of the ladies I'm talking about left them years ago for a younger model or died 12 months after retiring.

And they only ask a fiver for that mint Bruce & Walker Hexograph rod because the dear departed hubby told her he'd only paid a tenner for it brand new :D

flightliner

Reaction score
Whilst walking behind the College in Winchester last Friday I noticed a beautiful section of solid oak board laying in a skip of the contractors refurbishing the library.
Wild horses could pull me away, and as eyed it with relish the foreman appeared and invited me to take it..:D

Much to the embarrassment of my good Lady I proceeded to lift it out and dust it down before carrying it back to the car.......but the envy in the eyes of some of the guys watching was priceless.

Mick, check out john lewis's website for a "wedding ladder".---- expensive ---- too right.
I made one from some skipratted five inch skirting board (permission to take it asked and given) this summer, even carved a trefoil (shamrock) on it for extra embellishment and good luck.
Total cost -- eighteen screws!
Your good fortune with the oak board was really good--- the college should be ashamed of themselves for "wanging" it in a skip as its soooooooo sooooooooo useable ---- either japanese or austrian, highly desirable stuff.;)