Is it me or Has River Fishing Generally Declined?

The bad one

Reaction score
Hi Steve.The trouble is that some will never stay out of good debates but will instead spoil them with silly comments,it is the way forums go,why all the insults and put downs,snide remarks and to top it,innuendos of ''i know the lot''..i know Maverick and his way of posting to get good debates going,i also know he has fished Rivers most of his adult life so to suggest that he knows nothing or is just cr#p at fishing is just plain daft talk..take it from me Maverick knows his stuff on Rivers but unlike some he just don't put himself up on a box to shout it.
Err it's a public forum ain't it? So yes anybody can post on it if they are a member. It’s probably the reason this forum is still running 20 years on from when it started, and the one you two have spent most of your time on is now closed down.
Mirwell joined Sept 2007 posts 198, Maverick March 2013 posts 376. Says it all as to where you’ve been spending most of your time until it closed.

Your mate asked the question “Is it me or Has River Fishing Generally Declined?” Did he not? If he doesn’t like the answer then don’t ask the question. Sam told him he’s wrong re the Swale, others have told him he’s wrong on the Trent including me and given him “Historic” reason why that river has changed, reasons he refuses to accept despite the wealth of scientific evidence. His only argument being I was told by someone…..Hell man that’s worse than anecdotal! It’s total cr*p!
The guys fishing the Trent as it is now ARE NOT struggling to catch, so why his he? A river full of fish and he isn’t getting a bite! He either doesn’t know the river as well as you both think, or he’s just cr*p at fishing it! Look at Lee Swords, 2 Bobs, Lee Fletcher’s Bloggs and many more. And on the rare occasion these days I fish it, nor do I. Nor do I have a problem catching on my river of choice these days either!

Historically 1960s, 1970s early 80s you didn’t have to be White, Clegg, Pickering, Marks, Marlow, to have a good day anywhere on the Trent below Burton on Trent. In fact you don’t today, you just have to change your tactics and that applies to Dove as as well. It really is that simple!

Will I tell you what those tactics are? No, all I’ll say is fish when the fish are more likely to feed and use your common sense and work them out, I, like those who don’t have a problem catching on the Trent did! If you are not prepared to change your tactics, then you are asking for all the blanks you get! Or you could just come on here and moan the rivers are generally in decline.:eek:mg:

---------- Post added at 03:08 ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 ----------

Hi Crow........I think at least one on here would disagree with that comment mate.....:wh

Maverick
No, but some know more that those who know..........all about it and demonstrate it by their ignorance pretending they do!

maverick 7

Reaction score
Err it's a public forum ain't it? So yes anybody can post on it if they are a member. It’s probably the reason this forum is still running 20 years on from when it started, and the one you two have spent most of your time on is now closed down.
Mirwell joined Sept 2007 posts 198, Maverick March 2013 posts 376. Says it all as to where you’ve been spending most of your time until it closed.

Your mate asked the question “Is it me or Has River Fishing Generally Declined?” Did he not? If he doesn’t like the answer then don’t ask the question.....Who said that?....I am happy with any answer...so long as it helps..... Sam told him he’s wrong re the Swale, others have told him he’s wrong on the Trent including me and given him “Historic” reason why that river has changed, reasons he refuses to accept despite the wealth of scientific evidence.......But many have agreed that the rivers are fishing poorly...nobody said NO fish was being caught...just not as many as previous seasons...... His only argument being I was told by someone…What a complete load of rubbish....get your facts right ..Hell man that’s worse than anecdotal! It’s total cr*p! ....and so are your posts mate...
The guys fishing the Trent as it is now ARE NOT struggling to catch, ...Oh yes they are.....not them all I agree.... and always have throughout this thread...but many are....again, get your facts right mate......so why his he? A river full of fish and he isn’t getting a bite!....Another pile of horsesh*t....it is nowhere near as "full" as it used to be ......He either doesn’t know the river as well as you both think, or he’s just c.....r*p at fishing it!....I know the river well enough to know what I am saying is the view of many anglers that frequent the Trent...again I stress...not them all but enough to cause some concern....Look at Lee Swords, 2 Bobs, Lee Fletcher’s Bloggs and many more....How many times have you sat beside these guys when they are fishing...if you haven't, maybe they are not catching as many as you think they are..... And on the rare occasion these days I fish it, nor do I....So your views on the River Trent are based only on "rare" visits...to use your own words.....you are a fool....Nor do I have a problem catching on my river of choice these days either! ...I am not sure I believe what you say after that load of rubbish above
Historically 1960s, 1970s early 80s you didn’t have to be White, Clegg, Pickering, Marks, Marlow, to have a good day anywhere on the Trent below Burton on Trent. In fact you don’t today, you just have to change your tactics and that applies to Dove as as well. It really is that simple!....And you think I haven't bothered to change my tactics...... you're a bigger fool than I first thought..
Will I tell you what those tactics are? No,....I don't need you to tell me sunshine.... all I’ll say is fish when the fish are more likely to feed and use your common sense and work them out,...Unfortunately, I can only fish when my job dictates that I can fish....ie: once a week and usually on Saturdays...so if the fish are not likely to feed on that day or at that time ...well, I guess I am buggered according to you eh?...I, like those who don’t have a problem catching on the Trent did!....Hahahaha...You hardly fish the place...how can you come out with a stupid statement like that with your attendance record.....you really are a fool (again).. If you are not prepared to change your tactics,....How could you possibly know that?.... then you are asking for all the blanks you get! Or you could just come on here and moan the rivers are generally in decline.:eek:mg:.....Finish off the post the same way as you started it...with a huge pile of horsesh*t.....what a drongo!...

---------- Post added at 03:08 ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 ----------

No, but some know more that those who know..........all about it and demonstrate it by their ignorance pretending they do!
.....You know what....that sounds just like you my "educated" friend.

There are so many holes and untruths in your post above (as I have tried to point out in my BOLD replies) it could almost be categorised as fictional........but hey....you carry on spouting your vitriolic comments....and continue showing everybody what a complete and utter d*ck you are.

You need to understand there are many other factors that are present today that didn't exist in the 60's 70's or even the 80's...and the main one is the number of clubs that exist today....they take up all the best stretches of any river and unless you are very rich and can afford to join them all (if you can get in of course) ...then your choice of stretches on the river becomes very limited.

There are other reasons as well but I really can't be bothered to talk to you about them....as you have already demonstrated that you don't listen anyway.

Maverick

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Maverick,
could it not be the case that twenty years back, when you still had the tackle shop, you were getting lots of bang up to date information on the going pegs, baits and tactics? Losing that kind of source of information is bound to impact on your fishing. I'd expect that it would have a negative impact on the fishing of a world champ. I know that my river fishing would undoubtedly be poorer if I didn't get out there two, three, or more, times a week and have some excellent extra sources of information. If I tried to do what I did, in the same places as I would have gone twenty years back, I'd not be catching a fraction of what I do. Less anglers on the bank also means less information. Those that remain being fairly tight lipped is never going to help, but who can blame them. If they talk too much they find their favourite spots infiltrated by the information harvesters in fairly short order. In many cases, it's in their interests to keep their traps firmly shut. Why on earth would they want to help all and sundry, with nothing in return other than a negative impact on the very fishing that they worked hard to suss out?

Without decent sources of information and/or plenty of time on a river, I've no doubt that my view of rivers would be much poorer. However, no matter what anyone else has to say, you seem determined to stick to your guns. Fair enough, for you the rivers are poorer. It's apparent that no one, and nothing, is going to change your mind. However, I'm still struggling to understand how the Trent has just been voted the best river in the country and both the Trent and Wye have people traveling hundreds of miles to fish them. Why on earth would that be happening if all they are ever doing is blanking? Even if you don't know why, surely something about that doesn't quite add up for you too?

thecrow

Reaction score
I have visited some stretches of the Trent this season that have easy access for less able anglers, all have been either cheap club books (around £20) or day ticket, during these visits (none fishing) all of the stretches have been completely empty or at the most had a couple of anglers fishing.

One very well known day ticket stretch was empty and speaking to the owner I was told that it had been a very poor season with very few anglers on the banks of his stretch and few Barbel caught, this stretch is below one of the most prolific pieces of water on the Trent with the club that runs it having a long waiting list, why has this previously prolific stretch of water along with other stretches become a shadow of its former self?

I believe that one of the main reasons for the decline of some stretches is the floods that have occurred over the last few winters, while rivers are always changing (its what I like about them) it would seem that some stretches have changed more than others and because of this some stretches no longer hold the numbers of fish that they once did.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I have visited some stretches of the Trent this season that have easy access for less able anglers, all have been either cheap club books (around £20) or day ticket, during these visits (none fishing) all of the stretches have been completely empty or at the most had a couple of anglers fishing.

One very well known day ticket stretch was empty and speaking to the owner I was told that it had been a very poor season with very few anglers on the banks of his stretch and few Barbel caught, this stretch is below one of the most prolific pieces of water on the Trent with the club that runs it having a long waiting list, why has this previously prolific stretch of water along with other stretches become a shadow of its former self?

I believe that one of the main reasons for the decline of some stretches is the floods that have occurred over the last few winters, while rivers are always changing (its what I like about them) it would seem that some stretches have changed more than others and because of this some stretches no longer hold the numbers of fish that they once did.

Or it indicates that day ticket anglers aren't as proficient , on average , as club members , probably because they don't fish as often.

thecrow

Reaction score
Or it indicates that day ticket anglers aren't as proficient , on average , as club members , probably because they don't fish as often.

I dont think that's the case, plenty of proficient anglers fish day ticket waters. I know for a fact that one of the stretches I visited has had some very well known anglers fish it, one is among the best Barbel anglers in the country.

Why should day ticket anglers fish less often and not be as proficient as club anglers? Some waters are privately owned and for whatever reason the owner has decided to run it as a day ticket stretch instead of leasing it to a club or syndicate.

Would you say that successful match anglers that fish commercials are not as proficient as members of a club?

MRWELL

Reaction score
What a load of tripe,in my defense (for whats it worth)i moderated on that site so don't you think i WOULD spend more time on there? i also made it clear long ago that i stay loyal to one site although i have joined others,the closure of that forum not site as it is back running,was through many factors not because no one could post so your PROBABLE reason stands no ground.I have not used here like i would like in the past for the very reasons you are now showing,i treat everyone with respect and post in the correct manner as not to offend,you only post to cause problems or try and make sarcastic remarks.
Like you say and read your own words,it is a public forum so we have a right to use it when we want as members in my case nearly 8 years,forget about the use of the site,i have made it clear why i have not used it like i would have liked.
A remark/ question was asked/made by someone who rightly said the thread had gone downhill after just a couple of pages,i gave him the reason why it happens and your response is a perfect example,you have made your points and we all know your standing but if you carry on giving out the trash you will only get more back so why not leave the thread to rest,your proving nothing now and i think some are just a tad fed up with your unfounded comments,have a great new years eve and chill out,regardless of what you might think,i am trying to be friendly.

Last edited:

maverick 7

Reaction score
Maverick,
could it not be the case that twenty years back, when you still had the tackle shop, you were getting lots of bang up to date information on the going pegs, baits and tactics? Losing that kind of source of information is bound to impact on your fishing. I'd expect that it would have a negative impact on the fishing of a world champ. I know that my river fishing would undoubtedly be poorer if I didn't get out there two, three, or more, times a week and have some excellent extra sources of information. If I tried to do what I did, in the same places as I would have gone twenty years back, I'd not be catching a fraction of what I do. Less anglers on the bank also means less information. Those that remain being fairly tight lipped is never going to help, but who can blame them. If they talk too much they find their favourite spots infiltrated by the information harvesters in fairly short order. In many cases, it's in their interests to keep their traps firmly shut. Why on earth would they want to help all and sundry, with nothing in return other than a negative impact on the very fishing that they worked hard to suss out?

Without decent sources of information and/or plenty of time on a river, I've no doubt that my view of rivers would be much poorer. However, no matter what anyone else has to say, you seem determined to stick to your guns. Fair enough, for you the rivers are poorer. It's apparent that no one, and nothing, is going to change your mind. However, I'm still struggling to understand how the Trent has just been voted the best river in the country and both the Trent and Wye have people traveling hundreds of miles to fish them. Why on earth would that be happening if all they are ever doing is blanking? Even if you don't know why, surely something about that doesn't quite add up for you too?

Sam....there is much substance to your post...and I fully understand what you are saying....but I will be completely honest with you, I was stunned when I heard about the Trent and the best river etc....I just thought (as I would)...Christ... the others must be really bad if the Trent has won that award.

You see Sam ..and please correct me if I am wrong...but what I don't understand is that all these anglers that are coming from all over the land to fish the Trent...where are they fishing?....it MUST be day ticket water and as has been said on here....many day ticket stretches are void of anglers let alone fish...so.... much of the source of their info on good catches almost certainly must have come from club stretches. I caught my PB 15lb 1oz barbel on a barren day ticket stretch that only me and my mate was fishing.
In my very humble opinion....the big problem with the Trent is the clubs....they own the best stretches and yes, they are catching on them...or they was up to the year before last anyway...as I was one of them that were doing the catching.

To cut to the chase.....there seems to be stretches that are still producing good catches...but there seems to be a lot of stretches that are fishing under par and most of these appear to be the day tickets for some reason. Maybe it's because so many have joined clubs that nobody fishes the day tickets anymore...and we all know that no anglers = no food and no food = no fish.

It seems you have to get in the clubs with what are regarded as the best stretches to get among the fish because that's where they are all fishing and throwing in all that food...but sometimes you cannot get in due to long waiting lists...and the long waiting lists are testimony to what I am saying in this post. So back to the question of where do all these visitors fish when they reach the Trent....I have no idea and maybe they are getting the wrong end of the stick when they hear of all these fish that are being caught... not realising that the catches are being made from club waters which they would not be able to fish...unless they joined the said club that is....which I think for a visitor is highly unlikely.

I don't really know Sam...it is just a theory but it does sound very plausible....but what I do know and from what I have discovered in this thread is that on my river The Trent......I believe it is now imperative to join a well respected club with well documented good catches....for the best chance to catch a few decent fish....even if you have to join the waiting list.

To skim over your theory of valuable information not coming over the shop counter anymore so I no longer have the info to lead me on to some good fishing. To a large extent Sam....I still do have some of it, I am still very much in touch with a good few of the people who gave me good info on the Trent but they are mostly in various clubs these days so whatever they tell me applies only to that club stretch for which they belong as they hardly fish day ticket stretches nowadays.

Nevertheless Sam.......it is an excellent suggestion and to a lesser degree you are probably right as there are a few of the old anglers from whom I don't get any info on the river anymore and I am sure that would come into the equation somewhere along the line.

Let us see what happens this time next year if I manage to get in on a club I have my eyes on......watch this space.

Maverick

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

I think you could be forgiven for thinking that Benny...as it does sound very logical....but as The Crow says there are top anglers that do fish some day ticket stretches for whatever reason.

Maverick

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Cracking theory Crow.....and although it is different from my own and not knowing exactly what the problem is.... I would gladly go along with it.

Maverick

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

What a load of tripe,in my defense (for whats it worth)i moderated on that site so don't you think i WOULD spend more time on there? i also made it clear long ago that i stay loyal to one site although i have joined others,the closure of that forum not site as it is back running,was through many factors not because no one could post so your PROBABLE reason stands no ground.I have not used here like i would like in the past for the very reasons you are now showing,i treat everyone with respect and post in the correct manner as not to offend,you only post to cause problems or try and make sarcastic remarks.
Like you say and read your own words,it is a public forum so we have a right to use it when we want as members in my case nearly 8 years,forget about the use of the site,i have made it clear why i have not used it like i would have liked.
A remark/ question was asked/made by someone who rightly said the thread had gone downhill after just a couple of pages,i gave him the reason why it happens and your response is a perfect example,you have made your points and we all know your standing but if you carry on giving out the trash you will only get more back so why not leave the thread to rest,your proving nothing now and i think some are just a tad fed up with your unfounded comments,have a great new years eve and chill out,regardless of what you might think,i am trying to be friendly.

Excellently put Mr Well....and a Happy New Year to you too matey.

Maverick

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
There are four day ticket stretches, that aren't exactly secret, that I have traveled to fish in the past and would happily do so again. The Barnsley AA Horse Field stretch at Fiskerton, The Collingham AA stretch dowstream of Cromwell Weir, the Lincoln AA stretch at Laughterton and the Dunham Bridge stretch. There are no guarantees with any of them, but choose your times and get it right on the day and you can get a shed load on any of those day ticket waters.

The bad one

Reaction score
.....Who said that?....I am happy with any answer...so long as it helps.....
Providing it fits with what you think! But when It’s pointed out to you the river has changed “historically” from it’s hey-days and the proven scientific reasons for that, reasons you can’t won’t get through your thick head, you are not happy with those answers.

But many have agreed that the rivers are fishing poorly...nobody said NO fish was being caught...just not as many as previous seasons.
Now who’s making things up, I never mentioned anything about fish not being caught. As to rivers fishing poorly, that is a subjective debate depending on who’s saying it, their ability or lack of it, and whom you talk too. Yet again you exaggerating the point, many haven’t the word is “some” have.

What a complete load of rubbish....get your facts right
You seem to be suffering posting amnesia you did write this didn’t you? “When I was younger, I was always made to understand that the immediate area of water adjacent to Power Stations was often warmer than the rest of the river but I was never informed that they kept ALL the river warm.” Told by whom? You don’t say - man on the bank, bloke in the pub, but clearly “somebody” did! And as you don’t say whom, I can only accurately say “somebody can I not!” One things for certain, it wasn’t anybody (Scientists) doing scientific research into the artificial higher temperatures of all the Trent water because they knew from the mid 70s that was the case. So you’ve been mislead all your life by that “somebody!” So you see my fact are right because you wrote it, Not me!
Oh yes they are.....not them all I agree.... and always have throughout this thread...but many are....again, get your facts right mate......Now who’s talking horsesh1t…. many…. no it not, it “some.” More exaggerating to bolster your weak argument.

Another pile of horsesh*t....it is nowhere near as "full" as it used to be Use to be when? 1960s, 70s early 80s, last week, last year when?

!....And you think I haven't bothered to change my tactics...... you're a bigger fool than I first thought..
Clearly not enough or else you’d be catching as those that have worked it are. Given a lot of them are quite open in what tactics they employ on the Trent in their bloggs the only “fool” I can see is you for not reading, understanding and practicing what they do.

I know the river well enough to know what I am saying is the view of many anglers that frequent the Trent...again I stress...not them all but enough to cause some concern
Yet again more exaggerating of the point! “Some” but who they are we don’t know, you ain’t telling us, nor their ability/lack of it.

How many times have you sat beside these guys when they are fishing...if you haven't, maybe they are not catching as many as you think they are.....
Two of the three I’ve know for over 30 years collectively and long enough not to cast aspersions on their honesty and integrity as you seem to be. If they say that’s what they are catching, that’s what they are catching, so I don’t need to sit besides them to “watch” them.
"So if you have any evidence to show they are being dishonest, then here’s the opportunity to put it in the public realm."
As for the others, collectively it’s about 200 years or more and the same applies I and doubt others that know them would ever doubt their honesty and integrity catchwise.

So your views on the River Trent are based only on "rare" visits...to use your own words.....you are a fool....Ha Ha ha! What a Richard Head, you don’t read what in front of you, I said “rare these days” did I not? Sam pointed out to you it’s all about up to date info and if you think from the many contacts both in the largest club in the UK and may personal friends I have who live around the Trent area and fish it, that I don’t get that sort of info, you really are a deluded fool.

...I am not sure I believe what you say after that load of rubbish above Believe what you want to, no skin of me, there’s many on here who know me, unlike you and your mate who know what and in many case where I catch what I say I catch from my chosen river of choice these days. Oh and many have seen the photos to testify to that as well.

I don't need you to tell me sunshine.... all I’ll say is fish when the fish are more likely to feed and use your common sense and work them out,...Unfortunately, I can only fish when my job dictates that I can fish....ie: once a week and usually on Saturdays...so if the fish are not likely to feed on that day or at that time ...well, I guess I am buggered according to you eh?...
Are you special? Don’t you think other who are catching have those same commitments? Doesn’t stop them catch though!

Hahahaha...You hardly fish the place...how can you come out with a stupid statement like that with your attendance record.....you really are a fool (again).. If you are not prepared to change your tactics,....How could you possibly know that?..

Same as above! Richard Head!

Last edited:

maverick 7

Reaction score
.....Who said that?....I am happy with any answer...so long as it helps.....
Providing it fits with what you think! But when It’s pointed out to you the river has changed “historically” from it’s hey-days and the proven scientific reasons for that, reasons you can’t won’t get through your thick head, you are not happy with those answers.

But many have agreed that the rivers are fishing poorly...nobody said NO fish was being caught...just not as many as previous seasons.
Now who’s making things up, I never mentioned anything about fish not being caught. As to rivers fishing poorly, that is a subjective debate depending on who’s saying it, their ability or lack of it, and whom you talk too. Yet again you exaggerating the point, many haven’t the word is “some” have.

What a complete load of rubbish....get your facts right
You seem to be suffering posting amnesia you did write this didn’t you? “When I was younger, I was always made to understand that the immediate area of water adjacent to Power Stations was often warmer than the rest of the river but I was never informed that they kept ALL the river warm.” Told by whom? You don’t say - man on the bank, bloke in the pub, but clearly “somebody” did! And as you don’t say whom, I can only accurately say “somebody can I not!” One things for certain, it wasn’t anybody (Scientists) doing scientific research into the artificial higher temperatures of all the Trent water because they knew from the mid 70s that was the case. So you’ve been mislead all your life by that “somebody!” So you see my fact are right because you wrote it, Not me!
Oh yes they are.....not them all I agree.... and always have throughout this thread...but many are....again, get your facts right mate......Now who’s talking horsesh1t…. many…. no it not, it “some.” More exaggerating to bolster your weak argument.

Another pile of horsesh*t....it is nowhere near as "full" as it used to be Use to be when? 1960s, 70s early 80s, last week, last year when?

!....And you think I haven't bothered to change my tactics...... you're a bigger fool than I first thought..
Clearly not enough or else you’d be catching as those that have worked it are. Given a lot of them are quite open in what tactics they employ on the Trent in their bloggs the only “fool” I can see is you for not reading, understanding and practicing what they do.

I know the river well enough to know what I am saying is the view of many anglers that frequent the Trent...again I stress...not them all but enough to cause some concern
Yet again more exaggerating of the point! “Some” but who they are we don’t know, you ain’t telling us, nor their ability/lack of it.

How many times have you sat beside these guys when they are fishing...if you haven't, maybe they are not catching as many as you think they are.....
Two of the three I’ve know for over 30 years collectively and long enough not to cast aspersions on their honesty and integrity as you seem to be. If they say that’s what they are catching, that’s what they are catching, so I don’t need to sit besides them to “watch” them.
"So if you have any evidence to show they are being dishonest, then here’s the opportunity to put it in the public realm."
As for the others, collectively it’s about 200 years or more and the same applies I and doubt others that know them would ever doubt their honesty and integrity catchwise.

So your views on the River Trent are based only on "rare" visits...to use your own words.....you are a fool....Ha Ha ha! What a Richard Head, you don’t read what in front of you, I said “rare these days” did I not? Sam pointed out to you it’s all about up to date info and if you think from the many contacts both in the largest club in the UK and may personal friends I have who live around the Trent area and fish it, that I don’t get that sort of info, you really are a deluded fool.

...I am not sure I believe what you say after that load of rubbish above Believe what you want to, no skin of me, there’s many on here who know me, unlike you and your mate who know what and in many case where I catch what I say I catch from my chosen river of choice these days. Oh and many have seen the photos to testify to that as well.

I don't need you to tell me sunshine.... all I’ll say is fish when the fish are more likely to feed and use your common sense and work them out,...Unfortunately, I can only fish when my job dictates that I can fish....ie: once a week and usually on Saturdays...so if the fish are not likely to feed on that day or at that time ...well, I guess I am buggered according to you eh?...
Are you special? Don’t you think other who are catching have those same commitments? Doesn’t stop them catch though!

Hahahaha...You hardly fish the place...how can you come out with a stupid statement like that with your attendance record.....you really are a fool (again).. If you are not prepared to change your tactics,....How could you possibly know that?..

Same as above! Richard Head!

Do you know what matey.....I haven't even bothered to read that lot above 'cos I know it will be another pile of sh*t....

I will give you credit for this though....you are consistent...or is that incontinent....I always get those two mixed up...never mind, I am sure you know what I mean.

Happy New Year.....

Maverick

Last edited:

maverick 7

Reaction score
There are four day ticket stretches, that aren't exactly secret, that I have traveled to fish in the past and would happily do so again. The Barnsley AA Horse Field stretch at Fiskerton, The Collingham AA stretch dowstream of Cromwell Weir, the Lincoln AA stretch at Laughterton and the Dunham Bridge stretch. There are no guarantees with any of them, but choose your times and get it right on the day and you can get a shed load on any of those day ticket waters.

Sorry Sam....I have just skimmed over the last few posts on this thread and I totally forgot to respond to your last one....so we'll close this thread on that note.

I have fished a couple of those stretches in the far distant past Sam but not of late...by that I mean not in the last 15 or 20 years. The ones I have never fished are Laughterton and Fiskerton....Collingham to be fair has always been a decent stretch and so has Dunham Bridge.....I vaguely remember that during the time I fished Collingham there was a few incidents with break ins on cars in the car park....especially if there were only a few on the bank that had gone further downstream ( I think it was downstream from the car park)....just tends to put you off the place a bit.

Dunham Bridge of course is a tidal stretch......as I believe is Collingham as well, although I am not certain about that..but Dunham is a great place to fish...or used to be when I went there. Must give those 4 places a try in the near future Sam......

...and thanks for the information.

Happy New Year.

Maverick