End of season thrash...

B

binka

With something in the region of two and a half weeks of the river season left to go will anybody be having an end of season thrash to the final whistle?

I’m out there tomorrow, it’s not in particularly good shape at the moment and I can get some good stillwater fishing in but I know I’ll only be kicking myself come the end of the season if I pass it up.

Always nice to come back after three months and see the transformation from the bare banks that were left in March to the trees in full leaf that overhang your favourite swim by the middle of June once you've hacked your way to it, all part of the magic I guess.

Anyone making the most of what’s left and do you have a particular target?

Keith M

Reaction score
I'm hoping to have a couple of sessions on the upper Lea trying to catch one or two Barbel and Chub and maybe also have a try at the larger Roach and Dace too, but being an old git it all depends on the temperatures LOL.

Keith

Last edited:

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
With something in the region of two and a half weeks of the river season left to go will anybody be having an end of season thrash to the final whistle?

I’m out there tomorrow, it’s not in particularly good shape at the moment and I can get some good stillwater fishing in but I know I’ll only be kicking myself come the end of the season if I pass it up.

Always nice to come back after three months and see the transformation from the bare banks that were left in March to the trees in full leaf that overhang your favourite swim by the middle of June once you've hacked your way to it, all part of the magic I guess.

Hi Bink,
I will be on the Teme for the end of the season, my target will be to catch a barbel but most of all to enjoy myself as I have all season.

Tight lines to all wherever you might be at the end.

Regards
Ray

Judas Priest

Reaction score
I shall be staying in my tin bivvy on the Lower for the last week as I have done for years.

Last year it was just above freezing, year before that -12 and snowstorms and a couple of years before it was t shirt and shorts weather and I was fortunate to have barbel on every trip.

I much prefer the last week than the opening few weeks.

tincatim

Reaction score
As luck has it I've got two weeks off from next week so come rain, shine, wind or snow I'm getting some fishing in! I'm going to try the Don at Sprotborough to see if I catch a Barbel (or anything that swims). I'll probably do a bit for the chub on the dearne and maybe a day on a Stillwater, possibly bolton brick ponds to practice my slider fishing.

Hope the weather improves but if not, what the hell, I can't wait for it :D

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Unless I get an early start/finish, I'm restricted to Sundays so there's no real "thrash" for me. As the nights are a little lighter I might manage a couple of mini sessions late afternoon dependant on where my last job is.

My target......................................................................FISH:)

terry m

Reaction score
Unfortunately I am working in Denmark this week and Italy next week so little chance to wet a line.

But the last week I am in the UK, regardless of the weather I will be giving it a final push.

rubio

Reaction score
Haven't been able to get out much at all this year so I definitely hope for a few hours at least. Short sessions after work for chub is best opportunity for me, but I do want to check out a couple of swims that were producing good dace in the past. Hoping to push towards the pound mark if I can find 'em. Time enough later for stillwater stuff.

fruitowl

Reaction score
Unless I get an early start/finish, I'm restricted to Sundays so there's no real "thrash" for me. As the nights are a little lighter I might manage a couple of mini sessions late afternoon dependant on where my last job is.

My target......................................................................FISH:)

we'll hit the Teme or the Anker in the next couple of weeks Ian see if we can get some stick fish :p

would like a barbel before end of season :wh

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
With something in the region of two and a half weeks of the river season left to go will anybody be having an end of season thrash to the final whistle?...

Sitting here fuming - waiting for the plumber - again! - I'd rather be fishing as part of the final thrash!

I suspect there are a number of others out there already on the final thrash - since a couple of local fora have gone very quiet during the day - probably 'cos they're all out 'thrashing'!:eek:

I expect - to make my world complete - the weather will collapse next week when I can go! :eek::eek:mg:
Tight Lines all!

The Sogster

Reaction score
I have my customary last week of the season booked off (as well as the opening week).
Just got to hope for some clement weather now and decent levels on the Don.

denzinho

Reaction score
Will be out both this weekend and next. Currently both of my local Rivers are in bad shape because of the severn bore that came in last weekend. It appears that in backed right up the lower avon rendering some weirs un-visible, quite remarkable.

So I'm definitely sure its going to be Chub this weekend. I would really like to finish off with some trotting for grayling the week after. The River dictates to a lot of us what we fish for, I like the challenge of adapting.

B

binka

Will be out both this weekend and next. Currently both of my local Rivers are in bad shape because of the severn bore that came in last weekend. It appears that in backed right up the lower avon rendering some weirs un-visible, quite remarkable.

So I'm definitely sure its going to be Chub this weekend. I would really like to finish off with some trotting for grayling the week after. The River dictates to a lot of us what we fish for, I like the challenge of adapting.

I was listening to something recently which mentioned that the Severn bore was going to be particularly big this time around... Something to do with the height of the Spring tides being on an increasing ten year cycle with this being the tenth, all due to the alignment of the sun and the moon in relation to earth... Apparently :confused:

nicepix

Reaction score
No close season here except for predators. That said, I'll do my best to avoid roach and perch until June and try and target some summer spawning fish over the next two months. And it goes without saying that I'll do my best to avoid bream at all times.

Rich P

Reaction score
I'll have a couple of late (and short) sessions on the Goyt next week and I'm on the Dove on Friday 13th - hoping to catch a few (non-superstitious) chub or barbel on either river. Although not currently forecast, I wager there'll be a couple of mild days to trigger a bit of feeding.

Good luck to you all.....