Serendipity....

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Well b*gger me with a splintered fencepost....!!!! the wife has inadvertently come up with a nifty way of making bread paste.... far better than mine too...!:eek:

She was making a bread pudding to her mum's recipe and after mashing the bread in water she wrapped the mashed mess in muslin and lobbed it in the washing machine and put it on "Spin Only"... (not rinse & spin...it could get very messy:p) the result was a cracking paste.... the texture and consistency was spot on.... soon as the colour drops out of the rivers I'll give it a go....

rubio

Reaction score
Genius!
Sounds like a worthwhile return on years of husbandry.

tincatim

Reaction score
That's a great discovery! Does she know what she's started?

Cue men all over the country buggering up their washing machines with mashed up bread :)

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
it's just to get the excess water out on the spin cycle.... (not rinse and spin I must make that clear...) it does no harm to the machine or the bread...;):D

caelan

Reaction score
she just told me were to stick the muslin cloth full of wet bread
can I borrow someones washing machine martin

dangermouse

Reaction score
Ridiculous idea...

You should never admit to knowing how the washing machine works. ;) :D

bracket

Reaction score
My Lady and I have defined task demarcations, so this method is no good for me. Washing Machine? what does it look like?. Pete

nicepix

Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of what harm might befall me if Mrs S catches me with breadpaste in her washing machine ! :eek:

Too right. All it takes is a split bag, a call to the engineer and a damn good excuse required for having the pump and filter bunged up with soggy bread.

I'm out!

john step

Reaction score
There is more chance of me landing on one of Jupiter's moons than getting Mrs S to let me do breadpaste in her washing machine.

Me too! I might get the sack.

Edited.... I must say I have found the replies to this thread very funny. Best for a while. Keep it up .

Last edited:

pf0x

Reaction score
As we speak there are people at Korda head office designing a lime green washing machine! :D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
As we speak there are people at Korda head office designing a lime green washing machine! :D

And they'd probably sell a few too !

Just for the sport I ran the idea past Mrs S. The look I got inreturn would have stopped a workhouse clock and blistered paint at 500 yards. It was also pointed out that before I could do it I'd have to lift the self imposed total exclusion zone around the washing machine.

She has a point, bless her. I'm out !

laguna

Reaction score

Exactly the same one I tried using 5 years ago (centrifugal force for separating liquids from solids with voille material), now relegated to the 'things that appear to work, sort of, but don't really pile' - due to its instability!

Actually very dangerous if you dont get the load evenly distributed, stick to the washer lads ;)

Teabreak

Reaction score
Exactly the same one I tried using 5 years ago (centrifugal force for separating liquids from solids with voille material), now relegated to the 'things that appear to work, sort of, but don't really pile' - due to its instability!

Actually very dangerous if you dont get the load evenly distributed, stick to the washer lads ;)

Back to the drawing board then

maggot_dangler

Reaction score

Ahhhhhhhhhh just load it up close the lid and sit on it they soon even up :wh :D

PG ..