Collapsable landing net

pf0x

Reaction score
I do a lot of 'roving' on rivers. At the weekend I was getting battered by the wind moving between swims and to and from the car etc. It struck me that the landing net head was pretty unwieldy.

Also not ideal when going through bushes/woods/brambles etc

Anyone used a collapsable/folding one? Any good? Waste of time and money?

greenie62

Reaction score
....It struck me that the landing net head was pretty unwieldy....
...Anyone used a collapsable/folding one? Any good? Waste of time and money?

I got an Aldi / Fladen folding net and telescopic handle £6.99 - last year - which I keep in the boot as an emergency net for when I leave t'other at home!:rolleyes:
I've even taken to using it as a roving net on occassions since it clips up on the jacket.
Definitely not a waste of money - it probably saved it's cost in avoiding returns home to get the net left there! :rolleyes::eek:mg:

chrissh

Reaction score
I use a savage folding rubber mesh landing net they have 2 sizes from £34 - £39 good strong handle & net

keora

Reaction score
I do a lot of 'roving' on rivers. At the weekend I was getting battered by the wind moving between swims and to and from the car etc. It struck me that the landing net head was pretty unwieldy.

Also not ideal when going through bushes/woods/brambles etc

Anyone used a collapsable/folding one? Any good? Waste of time and money?

Avoid triangular landing nets, which catch up on bushes and undergrowth. Try a spoon shaped landing net, either a rigid one or a foldable one like this:

Korum Folding Landing Net | BobCo Fishing Tackle, Leeds

You could unscrew the net and fold it up each time you move swims, although this would take time and I don't think it's necessary.

Another option is to buy a collapsible landing net used by trout anglers - there's a triangular frame and usually a telescopic handle which extends to about 3ft. Sometimes the mechanism that allows you to flip open the net while playing a fish doesn't work very well. These are designed for trout fishing when wading. In my view they aren't much use when bank fishing for the bigger species of coarse fish. Trout anglers these days are more likely to use a short handled frying pan style net.

You could try the larger nets used for salmon fishing - the ones I've seen are expensive and the handles often aren't long enough for bank fishing.

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I use these to connect my nets to handles, so a quick shift and they come apart, so no need for a collapsable net at all.

The net I put in my folding chair and the handle goes flat against my rods for any stroll along the back.

Quick Release Connectors - Fishing Tackle Ireland

I used to use them on my bite alarms too until I changed to Delkims and moved to a Solar worldwide rod pod.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
use these to connect my nets to handles, so a quick shift and they come apart, so no need for a collapsable net at all.

The net I put in my folding chair and the handle goes flat against my rods for any stroll along the back.

Quick Release Connectors - Fishing Tackle Ireland

I used to use them on my bite alarms too until I changed to Delkims and moved to a Solar worldwide rod pod.
Anyone got a UK stockist?

I've had two of these,

Quick Release - Korum, Fishing Made Easy

both broke on the rivet while landing fish, (replaced initially, credited second time)