Which Two Piece Float Rod?

dangermouse

Reaction score
I suspect that much of my fishing this season will be shortish sessions in the morning/evening. With that in mind I thought it might be wise to invest in a two piece float rod and possibly a ledger rod too that I can put in a quiver. Don`t want to spend a fortune, £50-£60 max per rod. Will be using them for general coarse fishing, targetting tench a lot of the time. There are some carp too but I`m unlikely to run into anything much above a low double.

I believe the Drennan Red range fall into my price bracket and the Maver Abyss rods too.

So, recommendations please. Feel free to suggest a quiver too. :)

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Shimano do a Forcemaster in 11 &12' lengths, in both waggler and feeder rods... approx £39.00 each (I think the feeder rods come with a spare push in quivertip)
As for a quiver, I have a Korum 3 rod quiver, nice bit of kit.... they cost £24.99 from Angling Direct

Last edited:

cattyfatty

Reaction score
Korum Cs Series Float Rod
Korum Cs Series Feeder Rod
korum get good write ups on most forums from people and under your budget per rod and having a matching pair of rods.
they have discount codes all the time someone may help you in this.
i have a old code that may work used it last month it is EBUY10
discount of 10%off.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Cheers guys :thumbs:

I quite like the look of the Korum CS rods and I`ve yet to see a bad review of them. Had already seen the Korum quiver so I may well go into full-on tackle tart mode and get both rods and the quiver. Will have to track the rods down locally so I can give them a waggle.